ebay help please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-11, 03:51 AM   #1

Default ebay help please

need alittle info guys, won an item on ebay the other day payed for it right away as i always do with paypal the seller emailed me back and told me they did not want to let the item go at the price it went for 0.99p they want 50

where do i stand as am not all in with ebay rules ect, i have been told i have the right to get the item after all i won it and payed so ive done my part but id rather ask you guys to make sure!

many thanks in advance
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-10-11, 06:33 AM   #2
jmkent

I had a very similar thing the other day....

Seller started it for 99p with no reserve (same as yours it seems) and as wanted something quick, asked them if there was an option for a Buy it Now price. They emailed me back and said 25. I didn't want to pay that much, so said to them, I'll leave it and see how the bidding goes, to which they said, if they don't get 25 they are giving it to charity. I asked how can you do that, you may only get 99p and sell for this, to which they said I don't have to sell if for 99p, I would rather give it away than let it go for that.

This got my back up, so dropped ebay a line to get further advice. The seller could have cancelled the auction up to 12hrs before the end and there would have been no action taken. Once a bid is placed, a seller cannot cancel the auction in the last 12hrs. If the winning bid is then 99p, and they didn't use the proper ebay reserve facility, then they have no choice but to sell it to you for 99p - ebay's response.

So, to me it seems you have a very good case there. They couldn't do anything for me as it was for guidance at the time, but did say that if I was in the situation in which it seems you are in, to get in contact with them and they will take the appropriate action to assist you.

Go through the dispute process and log a case against the seller. Ebay will do the rest on your behalf.... and at the end of it all.... negative feedback!

Hope it helps!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-10-11, 08:08 AM   #3

All you`re gonna get is a chance to leave Negative feedback , but i would anyway , if you list it at 99p you take the chance , if you don`t want it to sell at that price list it higher , they are trying to save money on the listing fee`s , thats a gamble i wouldn`t take , tell them first you`re leaving negative feedback
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 29-10-11, 11:55 AM   #4
CAB

I've had this a few times before and the way ebay operates now you can't even leave negative feedback.
Old 29-10-11, 04:26 PM   #5

The buyer can leave negative feedback, the new rules are to stop the seller leaving negative feedback because they've got the hump with the buyer.

Bloke accepted your offer to buy the thingummy jig -there is a legally binding contract - he must sell it.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-10-11, 04:33 PM   #6
Inactive User

CAB are you sure mate? I just though that sellers cant leave negative for buyers? I just recently smacked a negative on one guy.

As for the OP, you can report the guy to ebay, open a dispute, in the end, they will give him a smack on the wrist, and in case seller had more infrigements before, they might disable his account. So if they know whats good for them, they should sell it to you for the money you bid.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-10-11, 04:40 PM   #7
CAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlestar View Post
CAB are you sure mate? I just though that sellers cant leave negative for buyers? I just recently smacked a negative on one guy.
Yeah sorry folks you're right, got it wrong way round, it was non payers I'd had.
Old 29-10-11, 07:01 PM   #8
jmkent

Non-payers are a pain in the a**e!
I've had them, don't reply to any messages, even despite they are still using ebay daily and buying other stuff! ebay just refunds all your fees, but it is a pain waiting for the procedure to go through.
I think for a non-payment, they should allow negative feedback... pointless really as you don't really know what a buyer is truly like.
Old 29-10-11, 08:23 PM   #9
Inactive User

In summary leave negative feedback and find another item but feel free to read why I say that.
Legally ebay is exactly the same as a physical auction, if you bid you buy (which makes a mockery of sellers not being able to leave negative feedback for non paying bidders.) Once the hammer falls the seller must sell for the final price unless it is a provisional sale then further negotiation will take place, hence sellers should pay ebay to put a reserve on.
Legally they must sell to you but what if they don't? The course you need to take is to take the seller through the civil courts to recoup your losses. You could buy a like for like item and claim the cost difference (item price less the 99p you won the auction with.) The courts decide on the balance of probability who is legally in the right and wrong so print off everything from the listing and the messages from the seller refusing to sell for that price and you cannot lose can you? However, it can also be very expensive and will certainly cost you much more than the item is worth and will be an unbelievable amount of hassle.
What I would do is account for the fact that if you win the other side pay your expenses. Tell the seller you will instruct the most expensive lawyer in the land and the legal bill will be 1000's, when you win they will pay, just maybe they will see sense and complete the deal. Even doing this does not mean you will get the product you want, if the seller is so inclined they will simply send you a broken item. So like I said at the top, negative feedback is your best option.
dale2321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-10-11, 10:05 PM   #10
Inactive User

Neg the twat and move on.

If he doesn't want to sell it, he doesn't want to sell it and you won't be able to force him to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in