DS7 Crossback - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-17, 07:26 PM   #1

Default DS7 Crossback

Sorry it its a bit off topic, but its of more use discussing the forthcoming DS7 Crossback La Premiere with fellow new 3008 owners I think, because of the many similarities with this and our own cars. Please do shift it, if its not posted in the right place.

I today received by post, my VIP pass/lanyard for a preview event which I've put my name down for this coming Saturday. I've got a drive up to a country hotel to see the only preview car currently in the UK. No driving, but just to preview it.

At £42650 I won't be buying one, but out of sheer interest and because I'm a French car fan, I'm really quite looking forward to seeing the new car in the flesh. I do like the look of it.

Much of the switchgear and technology looks the same as we already have, for a lot less money, but it does have some additional safety and lighting features. Seems quite amazing to think I've got the 180bhp diesel in my own 3008, with the only difference being I've got 6 speed auto, not the 8 speed auto as fitted to the DS7. Even the auto gear lever in this is the same!

Well worth a watch is Macrons ceremony/cavalcade down the Champ Elysee and the changes made to his car for his presidential use. I seem to remember seeing his ceremony earlier this year, and thinking that was the first time I'd seen the new DS7:

Jill and maxime like this.
Advertisement

Old 10-08-17, 07:38 PM   #2

Many similarities, but personally I like the 3008 better. The DS7 has too much Audi in it (like the large grille, the massive boot ant the fog light stripe on the lower back). And I'm not a big fan of overpriced Skoda's :P
Old 10-08-17, 07:47 PM   #3

I had the DS5 and thought it was a fantastic car. But you hardly see any on the road, and that's because it's simply too expensive for the market. Meaning people won't pay that much for a citroen. My top spec DS5 was 35k in 2012. Sure I didn't pay that as I bought it from a broker, but few people shop that way for cars.. 42k is way too far a stretch for them to sell many, regardless of the SUV sell factor.
Also best not to look at the halo version, the much cheaper version is what they will need to sell the public on I think, and I suspect no AWD will be a barrier.

They chopped a hole in the roof of a ds5 and put a step in the back to use it as a presidential car also.. seems to be a thing they do.

Old 10-08-17, 07:52 PM   #4

Absolutely agree about the pricing. The depreciation will be massive and I suspect the discounts will as well for people to buy this new car.

Everytime I see the DS5 I do love it, that unusual look and Citroen quirkyness. The interior is nice as well. The C6 is another car that I really like. I saw one only yesterday. Its sad though when you look these up now and what they are worth versus what they were originally sold for.

I remember the DS5 that Hollande was paraded in, with him standing up through the sunroof. As I recall it absolutely poured with rain and he was really soaked.
Old 10-08-17, 08:02 PM   #5

£42650? Good luck with that one Citroen. If you have that kind of money to spend on an SUV, the name Citroen isn't likely to be high on your shopping list, if at all. Aside from the price putting off even die hard Citroen/DS fans, this is going to attract the new higher rates of vehicle tax too. Like it's other top of the range DS stablemates, it will probably be worth less than half the original purchase price within a year to 18 months.
lee789 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-17, 08:29 PM   #6

I love my DS5 as it is different from all the euroboxes.

The depreciation can work in your favour i got my 2.0 HDI DSport at 3 1/2 yrs old with 27K on the clock, with full history from Citroen Select with a full 1Yr warranty for £11,500.
Old 13-08-17, 12:37 PM   #7

I'll post the photos separately underneath this in a few minutes.

After my thoroughly enjoyable visit yesterday to see the new DS7 Crossback preview, I thought I’d drop through some photographs and my observations about the forthcoming car, comparing it to the 3008. Apologies for droning on, but my love of French cars and all that…

The DS7 Crossback won’t actually be available to take delivery of in the UK until Spring of 2018, so you won’t see many around. The DS7 'Opera' model that I viewed yesterday, is the only right hand drive pre-production/prototype model out there. Model designation will be areas of Paris, so Opera, Bastille etc. In France, they have the finished LHD models available to see, but this one was very much pre-production. This particular car couldn't officially be driven either, although it does work. It was actually brought in a DS7 branded curtain side lorry.

The new DS7 Crossback is based once again on the proven, EMP2 platform, so the same as our own 3008’s, C4 Picasso etc. The large front grille, chrome and DS badge, all fit with the new signature look of the DS range. The car, doesn't actually look that big, but the 20” inch wheels and flared arches do look very nice. It looks physically a little bigger when comparing it to the 3008, but interior space in the rear seats looks quite limited and I could very much see this being an issue, given its target market.

The rear exhaust vents look great and are very large and aggressive, but just like the 3008, when you get underneath the car, they are purely cosmetic. The double exhaust tail pipe sits tucked under the car quite away from the chrome pipe outlets!

LED headlights fitted to the DS7, have a purple start-up process at night, where they flip round – a bit of the usual Citroen/Peugeot 'theatre'. These lights also gain additional features that turn on more LED’s based on the style of driving (town, motorway, parking etc). I think all of the rear lighting fitted now is LED as well. The rear light clusters are particularly glitzy, with the usual 'spot the DS badging' hidden in various places.

The suspension has an adaptive system, similar to some Audis where it reads the road ahead and tunes the suspension in advance accordingly. There was gap above the DS badge on the front grille, so I’m not sure if this is where an additional camera will be placed, but it has the usual top camera and lower front grille radar.

Some of the interior fit and finish was very iffy, the steering wheel airbag cover, rear door switches and much of the lower plastic trim inside was not the finished product, nor some of the hand double stitched leather stitching on the top of the door cards.

It was fitted with the same engine as my own 3008 (the 180bhp diesel), but with the new EAT8 ‘box. When started up, it sounded just like my own, but accompanied with a couple of engine faults on the instrument panel. I saw the AEB orange warning light glowing on the screen for some reason, as well.

When you explore the car, inside and out, you realise how very similar it is to the 3008 and the use of shared components can be seen everywhere. Look at the auto gearbox lever, identical, except (and very usefully), the park assist system button is situated on here, instead of the manual M gearbox button. Centre butterfly opening storage box as well. Switchgear (like the adaptive cruise control stalk) is pretty much identical across this and other PSA vehicles. They use a crystal roller on the steering wheel for the movement between functions and radio stations etc, which personally was all a bit too glitzy. The steering wheel also felt too large, given I’m used to the small diameter of the 3008 wheel.

Extendable front seats again similar to mine, but offering more electrical control of the passenger seat. I don’t know how the ‘watchstrap’ design leather differs, but certainly the DS7 seats are a lot softer in the DS7 than the standard 3008 GT Nappa Mistral full grain leather in my GT 180. You feel like you’re sitting in them, rather than on them.

Of course, energy mode had kicked in, so difficult to explore the electronics, but some nice graphical images of pedals and the like, for the start-up routine. The drivers 12” panel looks much like the 3008, except the graphics are paired to the triangular design of the DS range. Same flip round graphics as we have.

The 12” touchscreen looks nice when its working, but looks out of place fixed in its position at the centre of the dash. The prototype didn’t have any physical buttons under the screen, but I think the final version will have small buttons underneath the screen (replacing the piano key style function we have). As far as I could tell, DS Connect is the usual Tomtom Live system. Above it is a square DS logo which is actually the start/stop button to start the car. Seems very out of place located up there. Above that is the pop up DS analogue clock (this car didn’t have one fitted).

The small triangle on the top of the steering column facing the driver, is the infra-red sensor, used to read the drivers facial movements and to make the car react accordingly.

Usefully, two rear USB charging sockets are provided for the rear passengers, but still only one USB in the front (this area being covered by a lid), plus the usual QI wireless charging plate and one 12v socket.

On the rear doors, there are two controls either side, one for the rear electric window and one to recline electrically the rear back rest.

Panoramic roof is an option with LED lighting, the overhead console contains the usual controls (plus the SOS and Assist buttons). This DS7 had the glass roof fitted and it appeared to be a wider opening than on the 3008.

Boot wise, looks just like the 3008, with the foot operated electronic tailgate, two level boot board and a space saver spare wheel below that. A couple of chrome tie down loops and chrome edging to the boot, brighten the otherwise gloomy boot area up. Still no sign of the sliding boot floor, even in this new model. Oh and still only one LED boot light.

Laminate glass also seems to be fitted, so it’ll probably be quiet inside. The Focal Electra 14 speaker stereo is available as an option.

Apparently, the DS7 range will actually start at £28k, which is a bit more acceptable than £42,600 for La Premiere edition. There is only one build slot allocated to the UK at present, so I don’t think they’re expecting too many orders! The only model being advertised for orders at the moment, is the La Premiere edition, which has a very high price and spec to match.

No sign though of any four wheel drive option, or surprisingly even grip control. I would have thought grip control would have been an ideal feature to fit as standard, but it’s not currently available anywhere on the specs. 18” wheels probably wouldn’t look too good on the DS7!

You can immediately see how the PSA group are sharing so many components on this platform and therefore saving money.

I’ll be very interested to see what the £28k model looks like, but suffice to say, my 3008 is still preferable and I’d only get one if I won the top money on the lottery (probably the La Premier edition which has everything on it), purely just to have an unusual car! Its really difficult to know who their target market is, other than yet another niche. It would make a nice second hand purchase in a few years I reckon though.

Did also, have a go of the Virtual reality headset, which places you in the DS7 Crossback and lets you explore the car virtually. Never used one of these before, but was mightily impressed. Probably looked an idiot with the HTC headset on and trying to avoid physically bumping into things! When you had finished exploring the interior of the car (virtually) and opened the driver’s door, it placed you right in the centre of the Place de la Concorde (except no traffic) in Paris. An area I know well and it was amazing to see. When you then turned around, the DS7 was parked behind you and drove towards you. You actually moved to one side, as you think it’s going to bump into you!

Separately, they also had one of each of the other DS models to look at. As it was quiet, it gave me ample opportunity to also explore them and in particular the DS5 which is quirky to look at but I quite like it. Some nice details inside, in particular as ‘Pinkaardvark’ had suggested over in the accessories thread, the centre box is really clever, allowing the small tray to be lifted or not when you lift the armrest and also containing the electronics for USB charging. Real shame Peugeot didn’t do that with the 3008. Based on the DS7, it looks like all the forthcoming PSA models will have the 3008 butterfly opening centre box with small removable tray.

Hopefully others will have a chance to view the DS7 and give their own thoughts and views.
maxime likes this.
Old 13-08-17, 12:39 PM   #8

First batch of photos are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
20170812_122727791_ios.jpg   20170812_135642951_ios.jpg   20170812_122756246_ios.jpg   20170812_131950843_ios.jpg   20170812_123530213_ios.jpg  

Old 13-08-17, 12:42 PM   #9

Next batch of photos.
Attached Thumbnails
20170812_123446681_ios.jpg   20170812_135445898_ios.jpg   20170812_135506247_ios.jpg   20170812_135528363_ios.jpg   20170812_135542373_ios.jpg  

Old 13-08-17, 12:44 PM   #10

Last photos
Attached Thumbnails
20170812_135911761_ios.jpg   20170812_135656294_ios.jpg   20170812_123700585_ios.jpg   20170812_123744140_ios.jpg  
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in