Do you own Peugeot KJ56 HGF? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-11, 02:55 PM   #1

Default Do you own Peugeot KJ56 HGF?

If so, hand in your Peugeot membership now you piece of scum!

Cyclist punched to the ground by irate driver furious that he could not overtake | Mail Online
Advertisement

Old 13-07-11, 03:06 PM   #2
Stubbo

Saw this yesterday, however a read of the article will show you this...

"It turns out that the registered keeper of the car was not using the car that day and is not on the video"

But they should definately turn in the person who did it!!

Wouldnt suprise me if that car gets abuse everywhere it goes now!

Last edited by Stubbo; 13-07-11 at 03:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-11, 03:11 PM   #3
Inactive User

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Did anyone else notice that they look the type to act like that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-07-11, 05:55 PM   #4
JazzJPH

All cyclists should be issued a free sawn-off upon buying a bike, not just a helmet cam.

Then again, I forget why they wouldn't let me in politics.
Old 13-07-11, 06:01 PM   #5

Just for curiosity , when i was at school and we done the bike "test" , we were told to ride in single file , why do you meet cyclists now riding two and three abreast holding up traffic?
bazzer likes this.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-11, 06:45 PM   #6
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
Just for curiosity , when i was at school and we done the bike "test" , we were told to ride in single file , why do you meet cyclists now riding two and three abreast holding up traffic?
Because unfortunately some people are oblivious to the fact they are being a pain to everyone else. Its not acceptable to do what that driver did, but cyclists could help themselves be more accepted on the roads if they were a little more considerate to their actions.... and don't even get me started on motorbikes moaning about car drivers
bazzer likes this.
Old 13-07-11, 07:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Because unfortunately some people are oblivious to the fact they are being a pain to everyone else. Its not acceptable to do what that driver did, but cyclists could help themselves be more accepted on the roads if they were a little more considerate to their actions.... and don't even get me started on motorbikes moaning about car drivers
I agree , not the right thing to do , but i`ve felt like it before.
Old 13-07-11, 07:34 PM   #8

Apparently it is legal to ride side by side on a push iron.

Problem is, it prevents motorists from over taking safely - so they either over take unsafely, or get upset about being delayed.

Common sense dictates that really you should ride in single file. But some cyclists just don't get it. Bikers are the same - the reasons why bikers become involved in accidents is that they don't act like cars - they weave in and out, trying to get ahead at all costs. I'm not being awkward here - I have full bike licence - I've done it - but my impression of superman put me off biking some time ago. Far too dangerous nowadays - all the plebs on the roads.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-11, 07:39 PM   #9
chopper1192

I'm a qualified dibble MTB instructor, and MIAS/ABC L4 instructor (MTB's are my main hobby after pugs and amateur radio) and we specifically teach how to ride abreast in certain circumstances to control the traffic flow around you. Not something should be done all the time or without consideration, but done properly and appropriately is quite legal and an aid to safety.

It prevents them from squeezing in and attempting unsafe overtakes, forcing them to wait until it is genuinely safe...or else forces them to stop and duff you up!

I've had one motorist cut us up and get abusive while I was actually teaching this on a course - off to court he went, out he came 6 points and 250 lighter.
john_h likes this.
Old 13-07-11, 07:49 PM   #10

That would be fine , if they would look over their shoulder , realise they are causing a pile up and then pull in , they can then pull out again when traffic has passed so they can continue their conversation.

Right up there with tractors on country roads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in