disciplinary - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-11, 09:50 PM   #1
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to toddy2
Default disciplinary

evening chaps.

anyone know much or someone thats any good with employmant law???
gists of it is,is can an employer not pay bonus earned as part of a disciplinary punishment??
you see what info i can gather is that i believe this would be an unlawful deduction,but trying to get some clarity.
am gonna pop into the local citizens advise bureau on friday also.
cheers all

toddy
toddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-11, 10:00 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default Disciplinary

Sounds to me like this should have been discussed at the hearing but I would think that this is not correct, no doubt someone will come along soon to correct me but go see CAB for clarification
Best of luck
ucsjlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-11, 09:17 AM   #3
chopper1192

No. The Wages Act, as ammended by the Protection of Employment Act, makes it an offence not to pay any monies that have been properly earned.

My Dad had a similar issue, albeit not disciplinary, some years ago where a firm were witholding bonus over a dispute. Off to court, Dad won, 30k compo which he put towards setting up his own firm.

They'll have to think of another way of punishing you.

Only employees of The Crown, such as Police Officers, Soldiers etc can be lawfully punished in this way.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-11, 11:41 AM   #4

Toddy,

Had the same issue myself a couple of years ago. I was refused Bonus due to a customer hearing me say the word 'Wan**r' so was disciplined , i argued that he was in actual fact a 'Wan**r' buy hey ho !

I saw the advice of an employment lawyer in Rotherham , Richard Stainton at Bradford and Son Solicitors. He advised that as the bonus was not part of my contractual salary then it was up to the company's discretion if they paid me or not.

If it is in your contract however and they have ommited you out of the bonus scheme as part of the punishment with at least three months notice then they are able to , but they must give you three months notice as it is a contractual change and any contract can be changed with this level of notice without your acceptance , this also includes working hours and other terms.

As an aside , the company were selling a body jig 2 weeks after i lost 300 bonus which i purchased cheap through a third party mate then sold on through ebay and made 2 grand after giving my mate a drink , it went down in folklaw that my bonus scheme was better than theirs
Old 07-04-11, 12:40 PM   #5
Inactive User

Give the ACAS helpline a call , they'll give you chapter and verse. I work for a large DIY firm and had a problem, after quoting ACAS's answer I never heard any more. Also join a Union , its not much a year and there are other benefits beside the advice and support. Having said that some of the union full time officials are as much use as a chocolate watch.
citralex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-11, 01:10 PM   #6
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by citralex View Post
Having said that some of the union full time officials are as much use as a chocolate watch.
If it's anything like the police fed, they're not even that good.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-11, 04:38 PM   #7
Inactive User

to me they can do what they want with my wages im still waiting a year later for my pay rise to the next level.

but thats military and working for the queen for you

but your best bet is to look in your work contract or agreement...

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-11, 09:29 PM   #8

Surely, the answer depends upon the 'seriousness' of the disciplinary.

If you have done something wrong - then you can involve the unions and as many solicitors as your bank account allows - you've done wrong - it will only end up costing you money.

Taking your employer to a tribunal is all fine and dandy - but this will make future employers think twice about employing you. You can disagree if you like - but I've seen it happen.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in