Diagnostic Kit May Not Like Citroens - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-14, 07:10 PM   #1
pr1vatepiles

Default Diagnostic Kit May Not Like Citroens

Wasn't sure where to post this so thought post stick it in here.

Had my kit for over a year. Always worked brilliantly with my 307. Has always scanned codes, help me fix abs stuff and even coded my key. Works with planet and since the flash, latest versions of diagbox.

Until recently never had issues with Citroens. Always scanned and I've managed to help a few people out who had issues.

Recently attempted to help a friend. He had ordered a new complete key from Spare Car Keys | Replacement Car Keys | Transponder Keys | Lost Keys and got his codes from Betty no problems. Key arrived, blade fitted and I set about coding the transponder. Problem was always came back programming faulty. Now never used this website before, so you never know, could be dodgy transponder. Anyhow he bought himself a second transponder and yet again, key programming faulty. Very annoying. He is currently checking out all his wiring as it was an auction car and the wiring is frankly a mess.

So today, my Dad got himself a key from the same place. Again, key came down, blade perfect, tried to code it. Set his original key to car in lexia, no problems, stick second key in and programming faulty.

Now getting very odd. What are odds of this happening on two separate cars? Now i've wiped both my laptops, clean install of lexia on one and clean diagbox on other and getting same problem. Could it be my kit doesn't like Citroen cars? I am about to stick this new transponder in my 307 key fob and attempt to code it. Should rule out a bad chip.

Has anyone had issues with Citroen key coding? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PP.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-14, 06:41 PM   #2

Some Citroens require a pin code to program certain features. A friends Xsara Picasso requires a pin number to switch on cruise control. Apparently this is a generic PIN which he found using google. It may or may not be the reason why the key programming is failing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-14, 08:16 AM   #3
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Some Citroens require a pin code to program certain features. A friends Xsara Picasso requires a pin number to switch on cruise control. Apparently this is a generic PIN which he found using google. It may or may not be the reason why the key programming is failing.
Ah yes I found that out when doing cruise control as well. I will change the CC setting so that it asks for the code then attempt the key again.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in