Decided to revive my PS2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-02-12, 09:26 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Decided to revive my PS2

well i was digging through my cupboards just for the shits of it and i come across my old ps2...what i was given at xmas back in 2003 or 04...cant really remember that long ago

anyways ive decided i dont want to go out and spend the pennies buying the games so i came up with an idea of using my soldering skills to install a modchip.

what i have gathered is that these chips are very hard to come by, as anyone in the UK or Europe selling these tend to be chased by sony but using them to play "backup" of your games is fine...so aslong you are not sharing or making a profit.

so ive managed to find one and just awaiting delivery. apparently it can play backup/copies of playstation 1, playstation 2, DVD's and even let you use a hard drive with the PS2.

so when i get it delivered ill install it and update this thread. if anyone is interested in getting this done, PM me.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-02-12, 10:03 PM   #2

Would thoroughly recommend 'House of the Dead - overkill'. A zombie based blast 'em up. I tend to favour the head shot take down.

Should be nice and cheap on evilbay.

Not one for the kids though - as it is quite graphic and liberally sprinkled with innuendo and bad language.

A good player though.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-02-12, 10:28 PM   #3
Inactive User

sounds like a time crisis game that you get in the arcades...me and my mate spent around 20 completing one

Old 01-03-12, 07:24 PM   #4

Oops they dont do it for the ps2. Yes its a doom/quake a like.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-03-12, 02:10 AM   #5
Inactive User

well i've had my chip now for about 2 weeks and installed it.

was a bit of a pain and took me 2 attempts as the soldering points are so small i couldnt believe it!

now im playing my old classics of both PSX and PS2.

heres a piccy of my installation for you techno geeks out there.

EDIT: i do have to say though, this is my first attempt, my second is a lot cleaner and wires are alot shorter and tidier

Attached Thumbnails
img-20120301-00058.jpg  
Old 15-03-12, 10:18 AM   #6

I softmodded mine and stuck in a 250Gb hard drive - I think it was the biggest you could get at the time.
Old 15-03-12, 11:54 AM   #7
Inactive User

Nice!

Couple of years back I dragged out an old Sega MasterSystem, and modded those (I had two - one with Sonic built-in and another with Alex Kidd!) to give S-Video and RCA AV jacks (rather than the RF jobbie you had to "tune in" via the aerial socket! ), as well as a small over-clock to increase game speed.

The circuitry I built to do this (following an online guide) looked a lot like that pic, with lots of wires!

I did have a PS1 years back for a while, I had that mod-chipped to play "back-up" games. Didn't keep it long, though, after 6 months I was bored so sold it to buy some high-end brakes for my mountain bike! Ah, to be 14 again.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-03-12, 03:20 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I softmodded mine and stuck in a 250Gb hard drive - I think it was the biggest you could get at the time.
yeah i did this originally, but lost my memory cards and the action replay disk to put the exploits back on. so i thought modchip was best thing to get...especially at 3 a piece. ive put in a very old 60gb that i had lying around in...just looking into putting hdloader as an exploit the chip will boot from memory card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Buck View Post
Nice!

Couple of years back I dragged out an old Sega MasterSystem, and modded those (I had two - one with Sonic built-in and another with Alex Kidd!) to give S-Video and RCA AV jacks (rather than the RF jobbie you had to "tune in" via the aerial socket! ), as well as a small over-clock to increase game speed.

The circuitry I built to do this (following an online guide) looked a lot like that pic, with lots of wires!

I did have a PS1 years back for a while, I had that mod-chipped to play "back-up" games. Didn't keep it long, though, after 6 months I was bored so sold it to buy some high-end brakes for my mountain bike! Ah, to be 14 again.....
sega megadrive 16-bit was the very first console i got, that was mine...the first console i played was the old NES where you push the cartridge in and push down.

next was the big old ps1. had it 2 days, got it mod-chipped and was playing gta at the age of 7/8 safe to say my parents didnt really know what it was about. had it going until the 2nd year of the ps2 and got that....which i have just chipped.

im looking at soft-modding my ps3, but im thinking is it worth risking it on a very expensive console. use that to play single player, HD games such as assassins creed and use my 360 to play multi-player online.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in