Dashcam Test - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-12-15, 08:52 PM   #1

Default Dashcam Test

Received a few quid in xmas gifts so trated myself to a Nextbase 512G dashcam.

It features 1080p video resolution, 12 MP stills, a rotery polarising filter to combat screen glare / reflections, wide dynamid range and wide aperture for low light scenes. Cost 161.13 with a 32GB micro SD card and next day delivery charge.

I've done a day & night time test and the videos are below. Youtube has severely compressed the files so there are lots of artifacts but if you want to see the actual good quality uncompressed video, the dropbox links are below the you tube links

https://youtu.be/oYxS9WipIPU - daytime

https://youtu.be/jktIapICDDQ - night time

Dropbox links

Daytime - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...134906_005.MOV - 341MB

Nigh time - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...195233_010.MOV - 341MB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 27-12-15 at 08:57 PM.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-12-15, 09:34 PM   #2

Hi Storeman, I've been looking at dash cams for a couple of months now so your views would have been most welcome ~ but...

I tried the youtube videos and they are both listed as 'private' and the two Dropbox videos wouldn't play for some unknown reason...
Old 27-12-15, 10:17 PM   #3

Both the youtube videos are published as public. The videos are in MOV format so should play if you have quicktime or VLC installed. Maybe download them to your computer and try and play them direct from your drive. Just right click on the dropbox links and choose to save them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 27-12-15, 10:26 PM   #4

youtube links work for me
wow it's like real time
yzfmontesa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-15, 11:08 PM   #5

Thought I'd give it another try and this time youtube worked ok. It did say at the bottom of the video that it had previously contained copyrighted
music which is probably why it wouldn't play when I tried it first.

Anyway, it looks superb, great recording and good night vision, am I right in thinking this is on sale at Maplins as one of their own products?
Old 27-12-15, 11:22 PM   #6

The GPS is a good feature of this dashcam, I like the way the co-ordinates and vehicle speed are constantly displayed.

1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-12-15, 07:11 AM   #7
CAB

I too have treated myself to the 512G, great cam the mount is very secure compared to some I've seen, plus the HDMI out is a nice feature just hook up to a TV with HDMI and watch your vid on a big screen no need for a PC unless transferring/saving. Just shop around I paid just under 108 for it with a 32gb card.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-12-15, 09:27 AM   #8

No Maplins near me had these in stock and I wanted one installed before going back to work after xmas so went with the Amazon purchase.

My local maplin is now showing stock but they want 179.99 without the SD card and you have to go and pick it up.

Last edited by storeman; 28-12-15 at 10:10 AM.
Old 28-12-15, 09:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowman View Post
Thought I'd give it another try and this time youtube worked ok. It did say at the bottom of the video that it had previously contained copyrighted
music which is probably why it wouldn't play when I tried it first.

Anyway, it looks superb, great recording and good night vision, am I right in thinking this is on sale at Maplins as one of their own products?
The copyright material was the music from the car stereo. Fleetwood Mac was playing.

Old 28-12-15, 10:12 AM   #10

Just been on to renew my insurance and they don't give a discount for installing a dashcam. From what I can gather from a quick google, only directline give a 10% discount with others watching to see how it pans out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in