Clutch / DMF 3008 year 2011 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-12-17, 07:09 PM   #1

Default Clutch / DMF 3008 year 2011

I have a 2011 Auto 3008 1.6 TDi with 70000 on the clock, itís developed a noise similar to a dull rattle or vibration from the transmission when the gearbox changes up gears. Itís been into a garage and Iím told itís worn clutch plates and that the DMF could be an issue but wonít know until itís out.

Iíve been quoted 800 - 1200 depending on work needed. I have a warranty on the car through Motorway Direct which is not worth the paper itís written on, they are telling me that itís not covered.

My questions are , Is it unusual for these parts to go at such low mileage ? And should this be classed as wear and tear or failure of a factory part ?

Thanks
Dubby133 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-12-17, 07:33 PM   #2

You say auto but i assume its a piloted gearbox or whatever they call it IE a manual that is worked electonically if this is so then your flywheel probably is the real culprit they can fail at these mileages but to be honest it could last 20k miles like this.

On the taxis we were getting them replaced under warranty at 80k miles but these were under 3 years old and it was peugeots warranty paying for it.

Your car is too old for a wear and tear claim i recon.
Dubby133 likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in