car insurance renew time! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-14, 01:22 AM   #1

Default car insurance renew time!

Hi Guys

well its that time of year where I renew my insurance for my car last year I was paying 495 fully comp with 5 years no claims. so been searching online as I always do and not one has been cheaper am shocked as so many I know say they got better prices online but not for me, I have been with the same broker for 5 years I was planning to make it 6 years as they always beat any renew quotes I have had but today they were not having any off it and the best they can do it 485!! told them that ive been with you's for 5 years and they said that the prices has gone up and that's the best, she asked me what was my best quote I told her 400 fully comp with breakdown cover and legal cover ect and she said I would go for that but make sure that I get windscreen cover, I have tried a few other places and the best over 400 was 370 but that was without the breakdown and legal cover and no protected NCB to add this brings it up to 435, the only issue I have with the place that give me the 400 quote was they are looking 465 to inc breakdown and protected NCB

any tips or advice would be great guys
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-14, 06:14 AM   #2
Inactive User

Have you used the comparison sites, compare the market, go compare, etc? Got a couple of hundred quid off my recent renewal quote

Last edited by lovelybird62; 09-08-14 at 06:15 AM. Reason: typo
lovelybird62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-14, 06:29 AM   #3
Ginger Magic

Hi, there are websites that have reviews for car insurance companies - some of the cheaper places have poor reviews regarding claims and customer services.

I have been with Admiral for 14 years or so, they always haggle a bit but although they aren't the cheapest ( although normally top 5 ) I feel sometimes its a case of 'better the devil you know'....

I would go with the company you are already with, for the sake of 30
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-14, 06:46 AM   #4

I went with Chris Knott I was with Zurich 9 years ncb Protected No breakdown cover though as I get that as a freebie from my bank

30.00 saving at 227 paid in one lump sum

Oh just thought I would add that they say they do a discount for forum members

Last edited by Jagn; 09-08-14 at 06:57 AM. Reason: added last sentence
Jagn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-14, 06:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Magic View Post
Hi, there are websites that have reviews for car insurance companies - some of the cheaper places have poor reviews regarding claims and customer services.

I have been with Admiral for 14 years or so, they always haggle a bit but although they aren't the cheapest ( although normally top 5 ) I feel sometimes its a case of 'better the devil you know'....

I would go with the company you are already with, for the sake of 30
Have you ever had to make a claim with Admiral?

I did and they were the pits. I had paid in one lump some and paid extra for a hire car in the event of the car being off the road due to an accident. When I was involved in an accident they reneged on the hire car so phoned up and eventually found someone who had a few brain cells in his head and managed to get a hire car BUT only for half the period it should have been. I personally would never use Admiral again.

Next one I used was Swift cover. Their claims department were exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble but I just couldn't afford to pay up front and they said the policy I had wasn't available on monthly instalments so went with Privilege for my current insurers.
pr1vatepiles likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-14, 09:26 AM   #6
Inactive User

I have used Aviva for the past 3 years and have found them very good,and sometimes I have had more than one car on the policy. At present I just have my 508 Saloon 163 diesel , 250 fully comp with the wife on. Peter
welder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-14, 01:35 PM   #7

I've been with Privilege for the last couple of years. Just renewed and paid 260 with protected 10 years no claims bonus and 10k mileage.
33 years old, 58 plate 407 GT multimedia.
I ALWAYS ring up and haggle come renewal time. Even if it's a fiver off, it's better in my pocket than theirs
Old 10-08-14, 06:08 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
Adrian Flux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-14, 06:43 PM   #9

7-8 years with flux now,

27years old
10years no claims

219 fully comp
Sicskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-14, 11:53 AM   #10
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Have you ever had to make a claim with Admiral?

I did and they were the pits. I had paid in one lump some and paid extra for a hire car in the event of the car being off the road due to an accident. When I was involved in an accident they reneged on the hire car so phoned up and eventually found someone who had a few brain cells in his head and managed to get a hire car BUT only for half the period it should have been. I personally would never use Admiral again.

Next one I used was Swift cover. Their claims department were exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble but I just couldn't afford to pay up front and they said the policy I had wasn't available on monthly instalments so went with Privilege for my current insurers.
Totally agree regarding Admiral. Took a week of phone calls to get the courtesy car, they would only insure me on it for half what i was meant to have and then took 2 weeks to collect the sodding thing.

They still haven't finished dealing with the claim and that was 2009. I was squshed in the middle of a 3 car accident. Some idiot in their claims department paid out on car in front without any shed of evidence including a personal injury claim. They spent 18 months trying to get the chap to go for a medical check to back his claim. He eventually did go but this was following a second accident he had caused and tried using those injuries against me! Luckily a friend of a friend told me all this and I told admiral. Officially they tell me the case is ongoing, never know weather this counts on my record as a claim as there has never been a final letter saying yes your were at fault and these were the charges.

Anyhow, I actively avoid admiral even when they come up cheapest. With swift cover now but i hope never to make a claim again in my life. Anyone hits my car though, last thing they'll ever do, amount of work i've put into my baby!
storeman likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in