BT YouView - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-16, 08:26 AM   #1

Default BT YouView

BT YouView

I'm thinking of switching from Sky TV to BT YouView but wondered whether my idea to send the signal around the house will work.

At the moment I send the Sky box signal around via the aerial coax which goes to a distribution booster/splitter in the loft.

The YouView Plus box doesn't have a built in modulator so my plan is to connect the main TV via the HDMI output then use the Scart output on the box to connect to an RF Modulator to convert the signal for the RF Coax up to the loft etc.

Question is; does the signal from the YouView Plus box get sent via both HDMI and Scart simultaneously, or do you have to switch the box from one output to the other?

Has anyone had any success setting their YouView Plus box up in this way and do you get a decent picture?

Many thanks. Al.
Advertisement

Old 25-04-16, 05:53 PM   #2

Not done it with a BT box.

The VU+ Sat Box i have has HDMI & Scart but only one works at any time dependent on what output/resolution you select.

I used a HDMI splitter and HDMI to Scart + RF modulator to get mine working (there are HDMI modulators but at 175+ were not an option).

Also not sure about remote on BT again on mine I can use a app to work as a remote on a phone/tablet as long as its on my wifi network
Old 25-04-16, 06:16 PM   #3

The distribution works fine at the moment with my Sky box. HDMI to TV and around the house from the RF output.

I just need to verify with someone who's actually got the YouView working in this way to know if it's worth doing.

Like you mention I could use an HDMI splitter/modulator but at well over 150 for a decent one it's not worth it.

A decent SCART to RF modulator though is around 40 for a decent one. I just need to check if the signal is sent simultaneously via both outputs....and if the results are good in other rooms.

Old 27-04-16, 05:26 PM   #4

From what I can gather from some quick research, youview boxes cannot record while the youview+ boxes can. If this is the case then mine is a youview+ box and it does have an RF output. Not sure if it is active simultaneously with the HDMI port though. I have the RF output going to the same TV as the HDMI as we don't require youview in any other rooms so that if we only want to watch the standard freeview channels then we only need to power up the TV. We use an external hard disk to enable the TV's PVR function. Now we only have to use the Youview box for the few channels that are available through BT that aren't on freeview or we want to record a program that is bradcast when the TV is off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-16, 05:57 PM   #5

Yes, the small square box cannot record.

The YouView+ is the box I was thinking of getting. That records two programmes whilst you watch an already recorded programme; or watch a different channel whilst you record one other channel (I believe you can also record the programme you are watching at the same time).

I was told though that there is no output through the RF aerial for any recorded programmes or for any BT subscribed programmes. It's only a 'pass through' for the house aerial and to enable viewing and recording of broadcast programmes on the YouView+ box.

Hence the reason for asking whether I can connect the main TV via the HDMI cable then use the Scart output to connect to an RF Modulator and out via the aerial around the house.

This will only be possible if both the HDMI and Scart outputs are 'live' at the same time.

How are you finding the picture and sound quality of programmes and recordings on the YouView+ box? Is the HD picture good?

Al.
Old 28-04-16, 02:23 PM   #6

Looks like only one output can be used at a time as the other output is switched off.

That means if I want to use the HDMI then I'll need a HDMI in/out splitter modulator and they are around 150+ for a cheap one.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in