Airport Parking - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-17, 04:47 PM   #1

Default Airport Parking

I left my car at Gatwick Airport last week and as prices appear to have shot up since the last time I used the Official Long Stay car park I booked the Summer Special car park where the car is left at reception and is driven to a holding area by one of the staff. I was understandably nervous about letting an unknown drive my car, firstly because of the uncaring use to which it might be subjected and secondly because it could be the first time the potential driver had driven a car with the gear selector and automatic brake of the 3008. I therefore went to the trouble of printing out the relevant instructions with the intention of leaving them on the passenger seat but failed to inform my wife so they were left at home.

Fortunately, on collection at 1 am, the car appeared to be unscathed but it was obvious the driver had been playing because the multimedia display was on satnav whereas it had been left on radio and both heated seats were switched on. This morning when I got in the car I realised my head was touching the roof and when I pressed the memory button my body was contorted by the amount of movement to get back to my normal driving position.

I am going away again in November so intend to pay the extra for the Official Car Park and not have the worry. Out of interest, I am going to replay the captures from my dashcam just to see how the car was driven and whether the drivers made any audible comments before, whilst or after driving between the reception and car park area. I might report further……..
Advertisement

Old 20-09-17, 05:45 PM   #2

I would be interested in what you discover.
Old 20-09-17, 06:05 PM   #3

Your brave...I wouldnt let anyone drive any of my cars apart from my family...
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 20-09-17, 06:06 PM   #4
pdg

Anyone else remembering the valet parking attendants in 'ferris bueller's day off'?
cookiesmum likes this.
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-09-17, 07:06 PM   #5

Yeah, watched it the other day. Like the Ferrari, the films a classic!!
lee789 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-09-17, 06:30 AM   #6

One of the reasons I use a secure off site carpark whenever I use the airport in Manchester. The only driving done by the staff is to move the car from the reception office to a parking space and on your return, move from the parking space to the collection area. The carpark is manned 24/7, fully cctv covered and security fenced. Free shuttle buses run every 10 minutes to the airport which is only a 5 - 10 minute journey.

The airport carparks ar not really secure. While they do have CCTV and barriers, anyone can break into a car as the carpark staff cannot watch every monitor closely all the time. Not quite as easy these days but if someone has the means to break in and start the car they can easily get away by either tailgating someone through the barrier or simply saying they lost their parking ticket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-09-17, 06:59 AM   #7

I gave my car to the guy who washed my car....have a lot of worries about the gear selector and other new stuff in this car...but fortunatelly no bad thing happened
Old 21-09-17, 09:40 AM   #8

You aren't that far away from Gatwick, wouldn't it be more cost effective to get a cab to and from the Airport?.
When we go on holidays we get a friend to take us to the airport and pick us up. We return the favour when it's their turn.

Roger.
Old 21-09-17, 10:06 AM   #9

We leave our car for two weeks at the cruise terminal car park. In all the years doing this not once have we had a problem, sometimes they have to move it to another car park. A lot of other very expensive cars use it. Hand your keys over and they take it from you.
Old 21-09-17, 10:35 AM   #10

I was also very nervous to leave my new baby with a parking service (Spain, ALC airport, the one I always use). But it was fine and when I checked the app later I could see it had only been from the airport to the parking, then from the parking to the airport to pick me up again.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in