Airbus, Peugeot of the skies - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Off-topic
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-12, 11:47 PM   #1

Default Airbus, Peugeot of the skies

Seriously, i fix these things for a living and they are not too dissimilar! Stupid faults that make you want to pull your hair out at times and a lot of French input during build, love em all the same!
Any other aircraft engineers on the forum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-12, 08:13 AM   #2
jmkent

Don't go saying that... I'm flying on an Airbus next week... just be sitting there waiting the the engine revs to be limited and an anti pollution fault to come on the screens now
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-12, 08:36 AM   #3
CAB

Brother was an aircraft engineer, remember him telling me a couple of aircraft not to set foot on.

Old 09-04-12, 09:29 AM   #4

LOL, nothing to worry about!, Unlike the cars they have multiple redundant systems, It is just the nif naf faults they can throw at you. All systems are monitored continuously and faults are all classed differently ie class 1 (needs fixing) to class 3 (minor failure). I don't get to many class 1's and even if i do there is always redundancy, otherwise i would not be permitted to release the aircraft to service.
I have been i licensed engineer for a long time and would never allow anything to effect the safety of an aircraft! I am not sure the public fully appreciate that the UK has some of the most skilled licensed engineers in the world although airlines are pushing to remove the need for a license in order to pay rubbish wages to poorly skilled mechanics!
It took me 5 years of hard work to get my licence and that takes dedication and motivation! enjoy the flight, you have nothing to worry about, unless you are flying Ryanair LOL
Old 09-04-12, 10:12 AM   #5
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooankski View Post
you have nothing to worry about, unless you are flying Ryanair LOL
I want to get to where I'm going... not nearby Its BA, so should all be OK.

Scary if airlines are looking to cut costs by reducing the skill level of their engineers
Old 09-04-12, 10:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
i want to get to where i'm going... Not nearby Its ba, so should all be ok.
LMAO
zooankski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-12, 10:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post

Scary if airlines are looking to cut costs by reducing the skill level of their engineers
You are right there! If the public knew what they were trying to get through then they would think twice before flying!
It is only my trade union that is fighting against change but it is difficult as we are all now part of europe apparently!
Saying that, nothing is done across the board anyway. Take the engineers license for example. here in the UK we have to study to degree level in order to get one. Then have an aircraft type course for each particular aircraft we work on. Along come the French etc and they are given their qualifications!
This is the reason why a lot of airlines will ask for a licence issued by the UK as part of their recruitment although don't want to pay the money (it also makes the system look silly as it is supposed to be a level playing field)
As far as i am concerned, paying a licensed engineer 50-60K is a worthwhile investment. They have as much, if not more responsibility than the aircrew who are glorified bus drivers and get a lot more money for sitting reading the paper for a few hours!
jmkent likes this.
Old 09-04-12, 10:40 AM   #8
Inactive User

Only ever had a problem with a Ryanair Boeing . Dublin to Riga and half a hour into the flight a massive loud bang!!! Oxegen masks deploy and plane drops like a stone,we had lost cabin pressure and the pain in my ears was so bad I don't think I have ever felt pain like it! We had to make an emergency landing in Scotland
cabinpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-12, 10:51 AM   #9
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinpac View Post
Only ever had a problem with a Ryanair Boeing . Dublin to Riga and half a hour into the flight a massive loud bang!!! Oxegen masks deploy and plane drops like a stone,we had lost cabin pressure and the pain in my ears was so bad I don't think I have ever felt pain like it! We had to make an emergency landing in Scotland
Ahh, you were on that flight! They didn't come round to ask for 2 to use the oxygen masks then
Old 09-04-12, 11:28 AM   #10
Inactive User

No they actually gave us 5 food voucher.A few Latvians got arrested by armed cops for being abusive when after 6 hours of no one telling us what was going to happen.eventually made it to Riga at 2 am after leaving the house at 5 am
cabinpac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in