Retrofit Trip computer? - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-09, 01:02 PM   #11

oe mods on pug can systems usually work out very very expensive, for your trip computer to work im pretty sure you car will have to have ABS fitted as standard, this is certainly the case with modifying the RD4 head unit to the RT3 to have the sat nav, and its all related, as the information is taken from the ABS wheel sensors
i have a spare steerring com unit from my 407 that has trip compter stalk, but as i say, without ABS i dont think its going to work
my experience is only with the 407, but planet will only allow activations if the BSI is capable of doing it, if you are trying to do something the bsi is not capable of, you wont be taking it any further
check if your car has ABS first, then when you get planet, see what options it will allow to be added, there are a lot of things that you may need to change wiring looms for, but this should be one that you dont if you have ABS
ONE INPORTANT NOTE, unless you really know what you are doing, because of the airbag system and the calibration of the com unit, to change the com unit go to the daler or a garage that knows what they are doing, yes the com unit has to be calibrated and there is a specific way of taking apart and re-fitting
407mad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-09, 01:31 PM   #12
BestGear

Hi

Thanks for the steer and advice on this.

The car does have ABS, which, I *think* all 307s have... which is nice.

As a "learner" with Planet, (but no stranger to other factory diags) I will take it nice and easy.

I will take it a step at a time and see what happens... worth a try no doubt.

David
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-09, 08:15 PM   #13
BestGear

Guys

I was lucky, and picked up a used COMM2000 unit today which has the trip computer button.

So - I just need to find the time to carefully disect the whole unit and see what gives...

Thought it would be better to go boldly on a unit that was not really owe me anything!

I guess I should take some pictures too...

Plan A is to see if a switch is retrofittable into a non-trip stalk, and plan B is to move over the trip-stalk onto my existing COMM2000.

One thing I thing was worth checking is that the COMM2000 unit I just aquired is the same make of unit as the one on the car... at least that was the stalks have a chance of being interchangeable. There appear to be three different manufacturers of the unit, so swapping stalks may be a no-no unless they are the same make. Lets hope...

One other thing that has crossed my mind is that the COMM2000 bus controller which will be within the COMM2000 unit may not be programmed for the switch in my own unit. If this is the case, there will be no way outside of the component production line that we can update the code... I *very* much doubt if any dealer diags would go to that level within a sub-assembly.

Anyway - the adventure begins....

David

Old 08-06-09, 08:31 PM   #14

not quite sure what you are trying to achieve by disecting the com 2000 unit, why not just get it swapped over, when i upgraded my head unit i had the dealer do exactly that, as i wanted the voice commands, which is just like you are doing but the additional button is on the indicator stalk

you may find that what you are trying to achieve as an end result is as simple as fitting the com unit and programming the bsi and display with planet (i could be wrong) but ill bet im not far off

how many electrical sockets on the rear of your new com unit, do they correspond with those on the com unit in your car, and are all the sockets on the com unit used by the loom, if the sockets correspond and are all used in your car, ill bet you almost there
407mad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-09, 08:32 PM   #15
Stubbo

Keep us posted on this one, very interested to see how it all pans out!

Things have changed a lot since my last car, a wire here, a snip there, some tape wrapped around, and i could add allsorts in, all this tech boggles my mind haha!
Old 14-06-09, 10:48 AM   #16
BestGear

Guys

Another cheap "donor" perhaps... sell the audio control and offset the price...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/peugeot-307-sw...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 14-06-09, 03:41 PM   #17
BestGear

Guys

Been doing some more research, as the COMM2000 unit has still not arrived...

Having spent a while going through the wiring schematique (See, I can speak french now..) it really looks like adding the switch may do it. If not, I may need to swap over the comm2000 controller board too, so that the command from the switch hits the bus.

Apart from the COMM unit, its down to the BSI and the display unit... nothing else appears involved in the equasion. Given the COMM "option" above, the display unit is common (part numbers) with or without trip, so it could be back to the BSI and I dont believe other than a coding issue, the BSI would be any different across options.

On the subject of cruise, it looksl like other than the cruise stalk, we will need to add the "cruise control override switch" (clutch) and secondary brake "cruise control saftey switch" as the other devices are already present.

407MAD - yes, I can confirm that the cruise uses BOTH front ABS sensors, which are already fitted to UK 307s.

Anyway - its all gas until its working....

David
Old 16-06-09, 08:29 PM   #18
BestGear

Guys - a small update.

The COMM2000 unit arrived, and as thought, it was the same make as the one on the car, so the "plastics" will be swappable.

I have stripped the "new" unit for a look, and its an easy peasy job to get it in bits thankfully, two screws (not torx!) and then it unclips apart.

I can see where the indicator "fault" happens... much as it fails on a early Focus - same kind of mechanism - At least I now have a spare for that too!

The stalks are fairly easily removed, being held in by the two pivot points clicking into place. There is also one small connector on trailing wires to the main PCB from each stalk - these connecting through the buttons/switch ON the stalk...

So - thats one bit in bits... need to get the existing one of the car and get it stripped....

Anyway - I have another trick up my sleeve that may just make this so easy - more on that if it does actually work out!

David

Last edited by BestGear; 16-06-09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 28-07-09, 10:13 PM   #19
BestGear

Hi Guys

I had some time tonight, so had a play with the car and am glad to report that the retrofit of the trip computer is complete....

I will do a write up and post it when I get a min...

The addition will in most cases not require a new comm2000 unless you dont want a small dashboard mounted switch....and even then, I have a trick to save changing the comm2000.....

David
Old 29-07-09, 08:03 AM   #20
Stubbo

Spot on great work there dave

You'll have to give us a full write up of how you got this going!

wondering if it will still work without the standard stereo in place?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in