Retrofit Trip computer? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-09, 06:14 PM   #1
BestGear

Default Retrofit Trip computer?

Guys

One thing I miss on my 307 1.4 HDi is the trip computer.

So...thinking abour a retro fit...

Anyone seen anything written on the subject?

Assuming its not been done before, my theory is that it should be simple... he says not having done his research!

Assumption 1- OK, start with the button on the stalk. I could pick up another comm2000 unit, or, thinking aloud there, open the stalk I have...and see if there is a pcb/fitting for a switch for the stalk button. I doubt if peugeot made different mouldings just for that. Plan B is to get a duff one and disect it (anyone got one cheap?).

Assumption2 - do the buttons on the comm2000 unit all speak over CAN?

Assumption 3 - The comm2000 unit has a CAN controller within it, and only the bus leaves the comm2000 unit (plus airbag, horn etc (infact Horn may be CAN too...))

Assumption 4 - Activate the trip computer in Planet - My assumption is that the sensors are present already, so it will hopefully be an easy "switch on" to enable the functionality. Has anyone seen this as an option in Planet?

Assumption 5 - Even with no button on the stalk, if activated in Planet, then you should get the default trip info(whatever it is) in the dash display.

Assumption 6 - All other sensors are already fitted to the car - the trip function is just making use of existing data.

Ok - can anyone confirm or reject any of the above assumptions?!?!?

David
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-09, 06:23 PM   #2
BestGear

OK!

Assumtion 4 hopefully answered - in planet:

"Trip computer/display/data communication ECU

PC auto micro"

Sound hopefull?
Old 06-06-09, 06:49 PM   #3
Stubbo

Interesting this one, and i hope you find an answer because i want a trip display as well!

Assumption 1 - i would say they are probably all built the same with certain features enabled or disabled via various ecu's

Assumption 2 - I beleive so

Assumption 3 - i'd say the majority of stuff will be leaving via can, if not all of it (which is most likely) cant find any info about this yet though

Assumption 4 - Cant comment, dont have a planet

Assumption 5 - Read somewhere that the default display is the date so you might not have any luck here!

Assumption 6 - Will use data already present yeah!

If you do try this let me know how you get on, or if you are close to cheshire i'll volunteer my car as a guinea pig!

If you have a planet can you have a look and see if you can enable front fogs anywhere, my replacement lights have them in but they dont work, true i'm not sure where the switch is anyway!

Could get interesting this one! keep me posted!
Johnt_21 likes this.

Old 06-06-09, 09:13 PM   #4
BestGear

Hi - and thanks for the reply.

I have Planet ordered, so am waiting patiently for a real play! I kinda thought that as I needs the CD head unit, a key and the trip computer working buying would be a good idea.

If the date is default, then it may be enabled already.

I have been trying to track down COMM2000 wiring diagram to no avail.... that would help.

What I did notice is that it appears you have two arrows on the trip stalk if the switch is fitted, and, if no arrows, you will probably find that the button does travel in/out, but to no avail obviously. That is why I think it may be easy to place a switch inside - probably just a wee pcb switch.

So - anyone with a duff comm2000 we can disect?

Oh...did anyone mention retrofitting cruise? Seems its a very easy job on "most" 307's..... amazing what you find when you start to really look...

David
Old 06-06-09, 10:33 PM   #5

this is going to be an interesting outcome BESTGEAR can`t wait.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-09, 10:46 PM   #6
BestGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks

...keep watching the horizon... if you see smoke...it will me ME!!!

David
Old 06-06-09, 10:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGear
...keep watching the horizon... if you see smoke...it will me ME!!!

David
very good
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-09, 09:59 AM   #8
Stubbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks
Agreed! if it pays off it'll make me think twice about paying a bit more for cars with the optional extras, why buy them when bestgear can steal them for you hehe
Old 07-06-09, 10:28 AM   #9
BestGear

So = retrofit of cruise..?

Any interest?

Been done before on the 307.... and fuels the resentment of the Dealer accessory high list price...

David
Old 07-06-09, 10:34 AM   #10
Stubbo

I'd like to have it but i get the feeling a different comm2000 will be needed

And my previous post about me thinking all comm2000's will be a standard unit with the features controlled by ecu was wrong, apologies there

martin found one on ebay that quite clearly shows a white arrow for the trip display, mine doesnt have this bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in