Reset sevice indicator - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-13, 06:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
Hi!

I tried this after oil change in Boxer 2011 but it's not working. Is there some other way to reset service light?

Thanks in advance!
A quick google search found this which might help.......

Procedure for Boxer spanner light it is slightly different but not complicated. However, you should carry out any service that is due and then do a re-set procedure as follows:

* Place the ignition key in the MAR position (1st notch) and wait until the spanner stops flashing,

* Press the trip recorder re-set button for five seconds.

-------The distance remaining to the next service is displayed-------.

* Press the trip distance recorder zero reset button for five seconds to store the operation in the memory.

Important: after this operation, if you wish to disconnect the battery, lock the vehicle and wait for at least five minutes, otherwise the zero re-set will not be registered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 22-09-13 at 06:53 PM.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-13, 02:13 PM   #22
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
A quick google search found this which might help.......

Procedure for Boxer spanner light it is slightly different but not complicated. However, you should carry out any service that is due and then do a re-set procedure as follows:
Yes, I also found this instruction How do reset service light on peugeot partner van - Fixya but I think that is for Boxer mk2 and 2011 is mk3.

2011 Boxer does not have anymore "stick" to reset trip meter next to speedometer. In 2011 Boxer trip meter is reset with a button which is in the end of the windscreen wiper lever (Sorry about my poor english, I don't know is this the right name of the switch).
Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-09-13, 02:44 PM   #23

Never had a boxer van so no personal experience with it. The 307's both pre & post facelift have two trip displays, one on the MFD which you reset with the button on the wiper stalk. The other trip is in the small display below the speedometer which is reset by pressing and holding in the right hand button in the dashboard clock assembly. This same button also resets the service indicator and removes the spanner. The only other suggestion I can come up with is to google for an online manual

The online Peugeot manual for a 2011 Boxer doesn't give any information for resetting the spanner symbol. It says the oil pressure warning light will permanently flash when the oil deteriorates and the only way to stop the flashing is to reset it with the diagnostic equipment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9hwo1rh9t...-ed01-2010.pdf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 28-09-13 at 03:06 PM.

Old 28-09-13, 02:59 PM   #24
Inactive User

Quote:
Never had a boxer van so no personal experience with it. The 307's both pre & post facelift have two trip displays, one on the MFD which you reset with the button on the wiper stalk. The other trip is in the small display below the speedometer which is reset by pressing and holding in the right hand button in the dashboard clock assembly. This same button also resets the service indicator and removes the spanner. The only other suggestion I can come up with is to google for an online manual
It has only one trip display and there is not any button on speedometer. Trip meter is controlled by the button on wiper stalk. By pressing button in wiper stalk it changes from trip distance to average consumption etc. I also looked from car's printed manual but there is no any instuctions for service indicator reset.
Old 28-09-13, 03:07 PM   #25

Quote:
It has only one trip display and there is not any button on speedometer. Trip meter is controlled by the button on wiper stalk. By pressing button in wiper stalk it changes from trip distance to average consumption etc. I also looked from car's printed manual but there is no any instuctions for service indicator reset.
The online Peugeot manual for a 2011 Boxer doesn't give any information for resetting the spanner symbol. It says the oil pressure warning light will permanently flash when the oil deteriorates and the only way to stop the flashing is to reset it with the diagnostic equipment.

Old 28-09-13, 03:28 PM   #26
Inactive User

Quote:

Yes, that is what is does. Also yellow "wrench" light is on indicating need of service. Warranty of the car ended few months ago and I started to change oil and filter by my self. Local official Peugeot garage refuse to reset light becouse they have not made service by themselves

I guess I will by diagnostic equipments, will need them in the future during the oil change... Is it Lexia3 cable and Diagbox software what I need? Any recommendations were to buy?
Old 29-09-13, 06:33 AM   #27

Send a message via Skype™ to teerak2uk

Quote:
Yes, that is what is does. Also yellow "wrench" light is on indicating need of service. Warranty of the car ended few months ago and I started to change oil and filter by my self. Local official Peugeot garage refuse to reset light becouse they have not made service by themselves

I guess I will by diagnostic equipments, will need them in the future during the oil change... Is it Lexia3 cable and Diagbox software what I need? Any recommendations were to buy?
Yes if you can't reset the manual way then you want lexia with diagbox software I have one kicking about looking for 60 posted

teerak2uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-11-13, 02:48 PM   #28
Inactive User

Hi, 2000 306 1.9 diesel and the usual reset technique isn't working. When I press and hold in the trip reset button I get the -10 counter for a split second before the tripometer just resets itself to zero. Any ideas?!

Last edited by Baker Boy; 21-11-13 at 05:06 PM.
Baker Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-11-13, 07:56 AM   #29

Try a BSI reset first.
Old 11-04-14, 04:57 PM   #30
Inactive User

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but is it normal for the miles to next service to plummet so quickly? I've done about 2500 miles since getting my 206 around 5 months ago, back then it read '10250' but it's now at '3050'

I gather it takes some off each time the car is started as well as taking the miles travelled off?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in