Peugeot Planet or OBD2? - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-19, 08:32 AM   #21

The reason they are saying it may not work is because the protocols changed around 2016 and the software talks to peugeots servers during diagnostics this is an issue for ALL diagnostic devices not just planet/diagbox.

The box mentioned is to allow diagbox to talk to the fiat based systems on the Van's really as again the software is different nothing to do with newer cars
Advertisement

Old 11-08-19, 02:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkblot View Post
I'd be disappointed if it didn't work on the 508, according to the seller it supports current models - please remove this link if necessary but this is the one I bought: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-CHIP...=2456782459016

It may well work. It could be that my hardware is an older version that causes issues BUT and it's a big but, the highest version of diagbox I could successfully install and run was written before the newer models and does not contain the information needed to communicate with ECU's that were developed after the date of the software.

Newer updates may well have included the newer ecu definitions but alas in my case (and that of others), the updates broke the working diagbox installation requiring complete unintalling then the lengthy re-install of diagbox and the working updates or if you were lucky re-instating the backup taken once the diagbox was working.

If it does work then let us know so those of us with newer cars whose current setup doesn't work can consider getting the same.

I was merely passing on my personal experience with cars from 2013 onwards which was the same experience of a couple of other people I know personally. I very much hope it does work for you as I would like to be able to access both my car and my sons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-08-19, 03:41 PM   #23

My Diagbox 7.83 is now installed and I've just run diagnostics against my 2016 2.0 GT SW BlueHDI, As suspected some of the ECUs are not recognised which is a pain as I was hoping to be able to diagnose it myself and use a local garage to fix it rather than needing to use main dealer to diagnose it. Still, maybe diagbox will be updated and I'll be able to read all of the ECUs at some point

I've linked the report so anybody interested can see which ECUs cannot be read...and hopefully tell me the fault codes are down to the software and not actual faults!

Is it possible to do any programming via diagbox? I'd like to:

Switch off the driver seatbelt warning - I always wear my belt when driving on the road but there are times when I'm driving on private property at speeds of less than 10mph and the alarm keeps going off. In my previous car I was able to get it turned off. Is that possible in a 508 using diagbox?

Adjust the sensitivity of the front/rear parking sensors - at present they seem to start beeping when I'm about 18" away at the rear or 6" away at the front and I'd like them to start a little earlier than that!
Inkblot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in