Good job I swapped 'em round! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-12, 08:11 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Good job I swapped 'em round!

Went to get in the car the other day and the tyre was flat. So I pumped it up and drove down to the tyre place, punctured right on the edge of the tyre, so it was scrap. Whilst I was there I looked around the other tyres and the rear one was on it's last legs, so I had 2 new Pirreli's fitted. Not a bad price at 59 each fitted. But I wanted to swap them so the new tyres are on the back.

So I set about changing them and when I took the front wheel off, I noticed grease on the suspension. Further investigation and the CV gator was off due to the clip snapping. I put some more grease in (although by the looks of it, there hadn't much come out anyway) and secured it back on with a cable tie.

Now, should I be worried about the cable tie and get the right thing or should I keep an eye on the tie but it should be ok?
Advertisement

Old 22-08-12, 03:29 PM   #2

Cable ties work if they are the right gauge and tight. If you use too small a gauge they stretch too much or break, they can expand and allow the boot to slip off the hub when you turn. Yours may be ok if its kept under scrutiny but metal is best in my view, the clips that need squeezing together to close work fine for me.

407s 110 1.6 HDI retrofitted cruise+limiter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sterion75; 22-08-12 at 03:39 PM.
sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in