Fuel Filter Replacement Problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-12, 12:24 PM   #1

Default Fuel Filter Replacement Problem

Hello purchased a 1996 Peugeot 306 1.9 Spinnaker only a few days ago so decided to change the oil, oil filter, fuel filer and air filter. Oil change went ahead with no problems so today's decided to do the fuel filter change. Everything was going swimmingly I had managed to change the filter without spilling any diesel and therefore went to prime the car as per the Haynes manual.

My first stumbling block was the bleed screw on the Fuel intake pipe, just below the fuel filter housing. I could not get it to budge and let any of the air out. I moved a few of the pipes around to get more leverage and tried numerous time with some small pliers. Eventually resulting in me getting a face and mouth full of diesel as I had accidentally snapped the pipe leading from the top of the fuel filter housing to the fuel injection pump. So I now need to get hold of another top end of the fuel filter housing and re-attach it but I'm still going to have the same problem. I'm not going to be able to bleed the air out as that bled screw will not budge and is very worn.

Any ideas?

p.s I did try to start it without bleeding the air out but it would not start.

thanks
arronc21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-12, 12:33 PM   #2
Inactive User

Do what I do with my focus, brim the fuel filter housing with diesel,so when you put the filter in some will over flow out. Then you know there is no air. Other than that because of the broken lid etc you will more than likely have to buy a new housing assy.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-12, 03:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply had not thought of that, now just need to try and source a lid, does anyone know if they are the same for mk1/mk2?
arronc21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-12, 03:49 PM   #4

Even Haynes recommend replacing the entire unit. Its a poor design, that ring seals itself ultra tight.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in