Eco mode active car turns over, doesn't start - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-15, 07:45 AM   #11
edd
Inactive User

Hi storeman , before calling round I would like to try and get the four digit code from pegeout so can you leave it until I have the code, I doubt it will be today . But I think its best for me to get them first, I can try and get the codes and arrange from there if possible ,

Many thanks Ed
edd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-06-15, 08:14 AM   #12
edd
Inactive User

Hi storeman ,change of plan ,please call around ,I think it is best to see what I'm up against on the diagnostics first ,even if I cant program the key today ,please give me a time when you can ,

Thanks ed
Old 13-06-15, 08:31 AM   #13

PM Sent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-06-15, 08:43 AM   #14
Inactive User

Some locksmiths can read the code if you know a friendly one.
Old 13-06-15, 04:45 PM   #15

Solved.

This was a bit of a cow though. Connected PP2000 and no errors showing. Checked the parameters and it was showing the ECU was unlocked and the key was recognised.

Decided it must be the timing so we pinned the flywheel then turned the cams to lock them in place. refitted the belt and tensioned it. After removing the locking pins we tried to turn the engine by hand. It turned maybe a quarter of a turn then locked up solid.

Next thought was maybe we hadn't got the pin in the actual timing hole in the flywheel so turned the crankshaft slowly and the locking pin slid into the flywheel in a different position. Locked the cams and tensioned the belt but this time the engine was locked solid straight away.

Removed the belt and freed up the cams and then turned the engine until the locking pin slid home again. The position was exactly the same as the first time but locked the two camshafts put the belt back on, the engine turned by hand several complete rotations so we chanced trying to start. turned the key and it fired up straight away.

There is still an issue with a sticking butterfly valve but that's another story.
Ginger Magic and renegade like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 13-06-15 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 13-06-15, 07:13 PM   #16
edd
Inactive User

HI storeman ,I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you put in today, trually an amazing guy , I thought I would never get it started again ,but you are a real trooper , I was well ready to give up after the first couple of hours,yet you knew it wasn't going to beat you,

You are fantastic and your advice was second to none.

Again Thank you so much for today, the little pug lives on !!!!

Next job throttle body ,,cant wait lol

O and as my Windows and locks now work correctly , it no longer has to wear the car cover of shame

Thanks Ed
Old 15-06-15, 08:02 PM   #17
edd
Inactive User

Hi storeman

Just a quick update on the error on the butterfly valve , I took the throttle body off this evening and it was caked in sticky oily film , I stripped it down and took out the magnet around the actuator ( was easier than what I thought as its only held in with the magnetic force) , I then cleaned the butterfly valve with wd40 and also sprayed the spring all the way around, I used isopropanol to remove the oily film ,like I said it was properly covered from the underneath and then sprayed the hinges from the inside of the valve with wd again left it for 20 mins cleaned off the excess and cleaned all the holes with cotton buds wire ( coated with rubber) normal 3 core stripped to 1 core.. and then re assembled to the car and started it ,,,,omg it runs like a dream and the water that was coming from the exhaust has instantly stopped, the exhaust is as clean as a whistle ,no popping no steam ,I am ecstatic I can now continue on with the pulleys without thinking the head had gone, still got the engine light and anti pollution warning ,hopefully it may reset itself now it seems to be running as it should ,couldn't have found this fault without your help and if you are up for it in the near future some time,need to get the cash for the pulley kit and aux kit first!!!!,can I book you with help on the pulleys again, at your convenience obviously.

Thanks ed
storeman likes this.
Old 16-06-15, 06:49 AM   #18

Sounds like your on a roll now. Glad that the throttle body is ok now as they are pretty expensive even used. I'm happy to call round and help as long as the boss hasn't volunteered me for something else

Old 16-06-15, 07:22 AM   #19
edd
Inactive User

Thanks Storeman , will let you know when i get the bits and we can arrange from thier!!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in