Iron - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > iOn
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clanless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-11, 05:52 PM   #1
chopper1192

Default Iron

It's wrong, innit? I mean, if someone can afford 31,000 for a car powered by a PP3, then why do they need a 5K bung from Her Maj?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-11, 09:05 PM   #2

Utterly Barmy - they did the same to get yer mota converted to lpg - look what happened there.

As Clarkson said a couple of weeks ago - it cost 8 to recharge the battery on this Nissan Leaf and then it goes 100 miles. You can go further on 8 worth of diesel.

Leccy motors are a gimmic - for folk who like sandels and brown rice - zero emissions my arse.
jmkent likes this.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-08-11, 09:09 PM   #3
Inactive User

doesnt it cost more in terms of emmisions to make the batteries for these vehicles...

clanless - yeah i seen that episode of top gear and i also agree that the way forward is definately hydrogen powered vehicles...but how long will that be before someone finds away to turn them into weapons!!!

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 20-08-11, 09:01 PM   #4
chopper1192

I dunno about the Iron specifically, but the Prius is responsible for more emissions when it lands on the showroom floor than an H2 Hummer from manufacture, through a hundred thousand miles driving, and into scrapping/recycling. Duh.
Old 20-08-11, 10:31 PM   #5
davidireland

Its about 18,000 for a new battery for a ION!!
Old 20-08-11, 11:18 PM   #6
Inactive User

18k!!!!!! sorry im just gonna buy some duracells

i bet some of your lot will have to be sent for some training on the new electric motors, david.

i went to a resettlement brief at catterick and they asked if the techy lot of us are interested in working at nissan for the new leaf in sunderland...i turned them down as apparently its mundane work and not good pay...so if anyone is interested they are taking on.

Old 22-08-11, 04:55 PM   #7
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
18k!!!!!! sorry im just gonna buy some duracells

i bet some of your lot will have to be sent for some training on the new electric motors, david.

i went to a resettlement brief at catterick and they asked if the techy lot of us are interested in working at nissan for the new leaf in sunderland...i turned them down as apparently its mundane work and not good pay...so if anyone is interested they are taking on.
We will. Have to get a new tool set too, insulated stuff to cope with the high voltage. Its some serious stuff.
I've done the 508 E-Hdi training and even that is serious. The capacitor under the wing needs a special tool to ''empty'' it before its touched.
Old 22-08-11, 07:55 PM   #8
Inactive User

yeah we have a kill stick for radars...hook that to a ground and touch the other end on the capacitor and any other electronic devices that could hold static or current.

ive been wacked by a capacitor in an old 32" TV...I pretty much callapsed due to lack of muscle control...didnt shite meself unfortunately...would of got the day off instead of "man up"

i bet with all that new training it will open more doors for some qualifications...way forwards nowadays

Old 02-10-12, 01:15 PM   #9
chopper1192

Thread resurrection warning!

Seeing as you can't buy one of these, being lease only, is there any need for a forum for 'owners'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in