Finally iOn on the used market - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > iOn
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-16, 07:37 AM   #1
Inactive User

Question Finally iOn on the used market

Hi all,

Looks like the iOn (and the Citroen/Mitsubishi knock-offs ) are turning up on the used car market.

The sales price of about 4K for a 3-4 year old car is a hint that this has not been particularly good for the early adopter, but might be a good opportunity for the 2nd hand buyer.

Some of the cars I saw on autotrader have the battery included rather than a lease, so it might be the case the battery is completely used up and very expensive to replace.

Does anyone know if in those cases, Peugeot will lease a new battery to replace the one that was factory fitted, or if at that stage the car is beyond economic repair? Any other caveats?

I'll try to find out from the Peugeot people in my area.

I'm thinking that as a 2nd car this might be a good deal. There's quite a few pre-requisites I can think of, but it might work even if I don't quite fit the early adopter profile:
- must have: a home charging station (ie: not shared parking)
- nice to have: charging station at work
- must have: predictable travels within the summer or winter range, depending on whether using the iOn all year round
- must have: tolerance for driving a very small car with unimpressive top speed
- nice to have: solar panels at the home where the car will be charged
- under 10K miles per year travel for battery lease (must-have? what is the predicted lifespan of the battery in miles?)

Any other thoughts?
nplima is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-08-16, 11:30 AM   #2
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplima View Post
Hi all,

I'll try to find out from the Peugeot people in my area.
Update: the Peugeot people in my area are a branch of Bristol Street Motors who are not allowed to sell electric cars. I'll need to contact the branch in another city to know more.

They also have a Nissan dealership across the road, where they were more than happy to answer a few questions. I'll do a bit more snooping around before believing everything they told me, but if true then the Leaf is much better than I imagined for a "version 1.0".
nplima is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-08-16, 12:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplima View Post
Update: the Peugeot people in my area are a branch of Bristol Street Motors who are not allowed to sell electric cars. I'll need to contact the branch in another city to know more.

They also have a Nissan dealership across the road, where they were more than happy to answer a few questions. I'll do a bit more snooping around before believing everything they told me, but if true then the Leaf is much better than I imagined for a "version 1.0".
i have owned 2 leaf's and driven about 7 and covered about 40k miles on electric.

mark one leaf (<2014) is built in japan at a much higher quality to the uk built leaf(2014>) i have had 135 miles from a 2016 leaf 30kw on a single charge but ended up on in turtle mode just on the slip road to the services
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in