Peugeot 207 owner (from Car Auction) - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Introductions
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-19, 11:15 AM   #11

Hey muscleriot,
Did you fix it? what was the issue? ABS relay module?
Advertisement

Old 12-06-19, 07:49 PM   #12

Hi. I managed to test another ABS ebay replacement unit WITHOUT pumbing it in, simply connected the unit without hydraulics. It communicated in both ignition and engine running mode. Although it had different numbers to my original unit, I didn't have to reconfigure it with the diagbox, it had all the right wheel sizes already.

I then had a saga of hours pumbing it into the hydraulics. The block is soft aluminium, so can get slightly crossthreaded and hard to pickup a thread with the union. I found you have to run it through with a clean new brake union to rethread it so the hydraulic pipe can pickup and to get the hydraulic pipes as square on as possible.

Then there came the bleeding the following day. You have to bleed front left, front right, rear left, rear right. Then you run the abs bleed from within the diagbox repair module. That means jacking up and removing each wheel to access the bleed nipple. I had a vaccum tube device, but found it barely sucked anything up. The abs hydraulics had leaked overnight, and there was nothing left in the master reservoir.

I tightened up the abs hydraulics, and refilled. But again, very little was being sucked with the vacuum unit. I gave up and pumped the brakes by foot opening and closing the bleed valve and I could hear air squishing through the abs system. After about 20 goes the sound went and a lot of brake fluid had drained. I did the front right, same way but couldn't really tell if any air was going on either as it squirted out too fast. I then tried the rear left, the bleed nipple was seized and simply instantly rounded on the ring spanner, and nothing would budge it. I gave up after another 2 hours struggling, and ordered new bleed nipples from ebay for 5 quid.

2 days later the new bleed nipples arrived. I managed to get the old nipple off by using lots of penetrating oil and finally a ratchet and socket rather than vice grips. I replaced it with a M7 bleed nipple. It should have been a m10 on the rear, but the previous owner must have changed them. Bled that, jacked the car rear right up for the final nipple, and then found it seized. It also was made of chinesium, and snapped off in the thread this time when I tried the rachet. Didn't fancy taking the hub off and drilling it out, so called it job done!

I put the car back together, and tested the brakes, they seemed fine. There was no 'stop faulty brakes' abs fault, etc... this time. it scanned with no abs errors or speed sensor errors. I drove it about 2 miles and no problems what so ever. Speedometer works, no scan errors

Even the anti pollution warning has gone, which i find strange. Because i thought that was due to it's oil leak. I have not even bothered using the abs bleed in diagbox. I think enough brake fluid was pumped through the abs unit forcbly by the pedal any air has gone.

I would be more jubliant but now dreading the cylinder head job, as a seized bolt, broken connector etc will create another saga.

Last edited by muscleriot; 12-06-19 at 08:25 PM.
muscleriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in