Peugeot 207 owner (from Car Auction) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Introductions
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-19, 06:16 PM   #1

Unhappy Peugeot 207 owner (from Car Auction)

Hi All,
I don't know what I was thinking. I stuck my hand up at a car auction last Friday after seeing a 'ford fiesta' style car - (Peugeot 207 1.4 16v 2006) I think my reasoning after a long day was that I looked over its bodywork, it looked okay, seemed to drive though the auction pit, engine sounded okay, 2006 so pretty old and 97K, 9m MOT. Got it for 550.

Went to pick up and drive off, and I find there was no clutch master link to the clutch pedal.
The cheeky **** had been 'driving' it through the auction pit on the starter motor after selecting 1st gear from ignition turned off off state. No way I could drive it without a clutch pedal, so luckily my brother towed it very early in the morning - a scary experience with me in it at the end of the tow rope. To add insult to injury, it also flashed up 'faulty brake system' STOP, ABS light on dash, 'Faulty ABS system', 'Anti-pollution fault' when I tried the ignition out.

Have spent this weekend ordering a new Master Clutch cylinder, (28) and took 2 days full effort to work out how to fit it and then bleed the system. Now gave it a little drive about and seems fine to drive, other than a oil leak at the front driver side.
I thought the scary faulty brake system STOP etc.. would be fixed when the new brake fluid bleeding and clutch master was fixed. It seems not. The Speedometer cuts out when driving as well.

My youth was spend constantly fixing up a car called a 'Rover Metro' which never, ever, seemed to stop throwing up problems every 500 miles. I hope I haven't bought the modern equivalent....!

So hello all - Looks like I will be living on this forum from now on......And thanks to searching this forum I realize its 99% likely these faults mean it's going to be the ABS Unit. Just have to order a used one from ebay and swap it out. Some great advice on this forum. Would be totally lost without it.
Have ordered a Lexia ODB2 cable today to run Diagbox.

Last edited by muscleriot; 23-05-19 at 06:45 PM.
muscleriot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-19, 07:25 PM   #2

Commiserations on your purchase.

Normally, it is advised to buy (and use) the diagnosis kit before buying the spare part, but good luck anyway
muscleriot likes this.

Last edited by IanML; 23-05-19 at 07:31 PM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-19, 04:59 PM   #3

Fingers crossed its the ABS unit that's faulty & not the dreaded known 207 wiring loom issue.

As for Rover Metro, I had one in my youth ( 1.4 petrol 8 valve SPI ) & apart from a leaky camshaft oil seal behind the dizzy cap plus a broken track on the throttle pot it was a bloody good little car for the time.

Very good factory security system to, impressive for the time.
muscleriot likes this.

Old 25-05-19, 01:52 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I had a Metro in my youth too, cracking little car despite what all my mates thought! Hopefully you'll get the 207 sorted and it turns out to be as good!
muscleriot likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-05-19, 01:16 PM   #5

Take a look in the engine compartment for the BSM fuse Box, The middle brown loom plug sometimes gets corroded and eats away at the rear right pin in the socket of the corresponding fuse box, you can replace the main engine fuse box and it should solve the problem, same symptoms as the faulty ABS pump!!
If it isn't your ABS Pump module. check both!!
muscleriot likes this.
Old 29-05-19, 11:56 AM   #6

hey muscleriot Other than the MAXI fuse ( usually this blows when the pump itself fails not the ECU) the corroded pins in the engine fuse box, or the main ECU or the brake pedal switch, or an ABS wheel or transmission speed sensor ( the 3 later shows only minor faults directly listing the faulty part in PP2000, and doesn't knock out the instrument cluster ) I really haven't had other cars that are out of the ordinary most common problems listed in this forum for those cars.
Most I have worked on were a straight forward fix.
Up until now the worst one I had corroded out the plug so bad i had to tap into the fuse directly and wire it the loom to bypass the plug.

I'm in the process of one now that has me stumped so if anyone else can think of parts of the car to check, Please let us know.

Did you manage to sort your out yet?
Old 29-05-19, 04:34 PM   #7

Likely i will find out mine is as intractable as yours....the abs unit and lexia cable is coming by Friday hopefully. I will do the swap out then. The only other thing would be the BSI to ABS comms? Test the can lines?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 30-05-19, 02:40 PM   #8

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...ml#post2250470

See my post with Schematic diagram
Old 31-05-19, 12:38 PM   #9

hey Buddy,
How did it go did you sort it out yet?
Old 31-05-19, 06:33 PM   #10

Was held up yesterday by me rounding a t20 bolt, so couldnt get the ecu off. I had to swap the unit with the one from ebay today. The relays all bench tested out okay, yesterday, which I knew really from testing the abs ecu connector following the service workshop procedure...

Because of that damm bolt. I had no choice but to swap units. I wd40'ed the rusty hydralic connectors and still stuggled with them for hours, held up by just one I had to respray and leave to soak for an hour before it cracked and I could undo it. The hydraulic fluid was draining out despite blocking up the brake fluid Reservoir. replaced the unit with a 20 quid one from ebay which had the same numbers.

Ages again to get the new unit on as I was missing a size 11mm flair wrench and had to use a spanner, but 2 hours later it was on. To cut a long story short, after using diagbox, found the ebay unit is more of a dud than my original. No comms at all with it even in ignition mode.

So, what now? I have decided to drill out the rounded t20 torx bolt on the old unit and open my ABS ECU case with a rotary tool, and try to find out if I can resolder dry joints or find whats gone wrong myself, then swap the ECU rather than the whole unit again.

Knew I was taking a gamble on a ebay used part which the seller assured me was taken fron a working vehicle. Will keep this thread updated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in