New to peugeotforums, but not to Peugeot's! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > Introductions
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WiNgNuTz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-16, 07:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default New to peugeotforums, but not to Peugeot's!

Hi, I've just signed up here, and I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge and information at my fingertips!

Been a Peugeot driver for a good 5-6 years now, having had 3 different 306's (am also a moderator at 306oc.co.uk), and have recently picked up a 2006 407SW 2.0 16v HDi , which is basically what has bought me here, on the hunt for information and remedies for the few niggly issues I have.

I seem to have the famous (or infamous) rear light cluster earth problem, and I've already found the guide for the fix....much appreciated on that one, but I'm also having issues with my front wash/wipe function......as in it just doesn't. Pull back on the stalk and nothing happens. Rear wash/wipe works no problem, which has led me to think it could be the stalk? Having had 306's for ever, I was under the impression that each stalk would be individual (as they are on the 306), but I've just learnt that isn't the case! I kinda resent the idea of having to spend 40+ for a whole new comms unit just to fix the wash/wipe function, so I wondered if anyone knows whether I can dismantle the unit and possibly fix whatever is stopping the wash/wipe from working?

Other than that, I'm very happy with my 407....it is a whole different world to the 306's I've had, the most recent being a 2.0 HDi estate, that was lowered, and smoothed and entirely impractical for work and kids. It was also horrifcally broken, but muggins here still bought the damn thing thinking he could make it right. Well that didn't happen, and I've now kicked it to the kerb in favour of the 407, which I love!

Well that's a brief introduction into the world of WiNgNuTz, thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope to be able to help out wherever I can. I know I'll get plenty of help and advice already.
erick-r likes this.
WiNgNuTz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-16, 06:01 PM   #2

Contact user 'trustme' as he can fix comm units or sell a new one if it is beyond reparation, he's a well known user here.

Hope it helps, cheers,
erick-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-16, 07:49 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks, trustme did jump in on the thread I had going in the 407 section, but because I had a Valeo unit, apparently he couldn't help. All sorted now though, new unit off ebay for 35, and jobs a good'un.
WiNgNuTz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in