Peugeot Forums banner

New to a 307!

713 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  john_h 
#1 ·
hi all

After having a few peugeots under my belt ive just bought myself a 307!

1st pug was a 309 look in white a lowly 1.3 but i was only 19! A few cars later i returned to the fold with an immacualte 309 gti in gunmetal grey which unfortunately ended belly up in the road :-(

As a 2nd car a few years later i had the 205 CTI was the 1,9 and great fun!

Followed by 2 x x406 coupes both the v6 model the later one being the more powerful d9 model.

At that time i needed a cheaper car to run so parted with £300 an picked up a 306 hdi needing some work so an axle cambelt and a servce later it fitted the bill!!! Sold that one last week and have now got the mentioned 307 hdi.

Its i think, zest blue, 02 plate with 127,000 miles, and the dturbo model, recently has had the DPF removed and a few thousand miles ago the dual mass flywheel already changed, thats the major things out of the way!!!

Just one or 2 electrical gremlins, and i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with theirs!! The rear wiper turns itself on randomly and stays on until the engine has stopped, doesnt always do it, and the auto headlights turn themselves off when indicating left!!

Now i presume this is all down to a faulty indicator/wiper stalk that i believe to be one unit??

Thanks for any ideas thrown my way!!!

Al

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome, i did enjoy the comment about the 309 being belly up...my 307 suffered the same fate. but atleast your ok...

anyways your faults point to the comm2000 unit (yes where your indicator stalk is housed) best bet is to get it hooked up to planet to check for faults.

#4 ·
yeah planet is the peugeot/citroen dealership diagnostic tool, it does everything. a generic obdII reader wont detect the issue of the comm2000 unit.

the port is located either behind the panel on the right hand side, next to drivers knee...has a big plastic screw or in the centre console near the accessory socket. check your owners handbook on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.