Vospers are no good. DO NOT USE THEM - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > General Discussion
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-11, 11:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Vospers are no good. DO NOT USE THEM

my mum bought a 58 plate 207 with 22k on the clock 3 months ago. we thought she had a good little car. oh how we were wrong. the list of faults:
-head gasket!
-air flow sensor....TWICE!
-boot lid catch
-coil pack
-window regulator
-alternator

all were repaired under warantee, but when they repaired the head gasket they didnt do the tappets properly so it runs like a dog. they then had the cheek to try to charge my mum 85 to adjust them.

she denied the work, got in the car and left vospers....only to loose power due to the 2nd MAF sensor failure! upon further inspection i noticed the water pump was leaking.

but the icing on the cake is unbeleivable! they advertised it as a 1.4 16v sport when in fact i noticed it was an 8v lump (identical to my 306 one).
they were adement it was 16v but i was sure. they checked the reg plate and it says 16v but i asked them to check the engine serial number.

then they noticed it was an 8v engine. (which i think is blatantly obvious if you only open the bonnet. )

what i need to know is: is there any difference in value between 8v and 16v engines because she is demanding they replace the car and they say there is no difference. i trust nobody so i want another opinion.

thanks for any reply. and make sure you check everything when you buy from vospers!
liamhoughton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-04-11, 08:48 AM   #2
Inactive User

i dont know if there is any difference but i think you best plan is go to
Trading standards agency or even C A B and see what they say
all the best Don
Old 21-04-11, 12:03 PM   #3
JazzJPH

There'll be about 15% performance difference. The 8v has one valve per cylinder, the 16v has 2 per cylinder. More air in etc.

So yes, value is different.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-04-11, 01:08 PM   #4
Inactive User

I would think if the advertised it as 16v, then they don't have a leg to stand on. As your mum, i would say is entitled to a full refunds including the money she has paid for repairs. They have mis-sold the vehicle and as such definatly think you should report them to trading standards and get legal advise from C.A.B you may also want to inform the dvla about this as well. As they have a duty of car to check the vehicle matches its V5. good luck let us Now how you get on and stand your ground, don't give a inch till you get the correct result.
Old 21-04-11, 01:16 PM   #5
Inactive User

best person to speak to about this is chopper he is a fountain of knowledge on this sorta stuff... but i would safely assume you can get a refund...although as a retailer they can offer a refund but refuse a sale to give you another car.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-11, 02:10 PM   #6
Inactive User

I think you have just been given a get out of jail card, maybe even a case for getting your previous bills refunded.
citralex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-11, 02:34 PM   #7
jmkent

So what branch of Vospers??
I would tell anyone to stay clear of them around here, completely useless with no customer experience at all... having said that, they aren't Peugeot dealers though.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in