Second service for my 2007 -307 Strange brake disc problem. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > General Discussion
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-09, 10:26 PM   #1

Question Second service for my 2007 -307 Strange brake disc problem.

Hi everyone.
Had my 307 since christmas ,impressed with it so far , but put in for its due service today at Kwikfit.....(cheaper than peugeot dealer)... . they came back with a strange problem they say the front brake disc,s are under spec but not worn , reading (21.3mm) should be minimum (24 mm) .."Take it to your dealer " said the kwikfit fitter . "It should be covered on the warrenty" said he .So I rang ....we spoke ...and guess what ? The nice man at peugoet said "I dont think your covered for brake disc,s" I muttered "mmm ok "...But am taking it over tomorrow for them to look at ,"wish me luck guy and girls" will let you know how i get on.
So i was wondering if anyone has come across or heard of this problem before .
bazilb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-04-09, 11:20 AM   #2
Stubbo

He's right brake discs wont be covered under warranty as its an everyday wear and tear item

From what your saying if the brake discs are under spec but not worn it sounds like at some point they may have been replaced but with incorrect replacements
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-09, 04:22 PM   #3
Inactive User

Having replaced discs and pads on my 206, I know that peugeot have several different types for each model, and there may be as many as 8 variations for your model alone.

The spec of the disc is usually stamped onto the disc itself as to what the limits are.

IMHO - Kwickfit = [email protected]

If you know for certain that they really are the wrong size, then find out who fitted them (if it was the dealer).

If you are stuck and have to pay for them yourself. - Buy from Ebay.
What I did was find the manufacturer's website, and found their model numbers that fit my car, then just looked for that.
If you replace the discs - fit new pads too.

I got 2 front discs and set of pads for a 206 for around 40 delivered to my door. I fitted them myself with little more than basic tools within a morning, and now I'm running on a matched pair of Mintex brakes.

Peugeot discs rarely last longer than one decent set of pads, so you may get away with just replacing pads once before complete replacement is needed.
Richie_asg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-04-09, 10:30 PM   #4

Default My cars ok

Thanks all for your reply to said problem.
But the peugoet man said its all ok, would you believe it the disc size starts at 21mm in this model.
thanks again all.
bazilb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in