Cars without badges - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > General Discussion
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-07, 10:21 AM   #1

Default Cars without badges

Last Friday, just as I was travelling home on the bus from Stroud, I passed a garage that sells secondhand cars. The garage was in Dudbridge, and it was called Motor House (Stroud) Ltd. There were many used cars for sale. There was one in particular that caught my attention. It was a metallic blue right-hand drive Peugeot 406 4-door saloon, with a 2 litre turbodiesel engine, 90 BHP; and a manual gearbox. The year of that car was 2004, and it was an '04' reg; and it had only one previous owner. It was one of the last ones ever made, before it was replaced by a newer model, the 407. It hadn't been at the Motor House that long.

The next day, I stopped to take a closer look at that car; and as I was looking at it, I noticed that it had the '406' badge missing from the rear end. The badge would normally precede the letters, 'HDi', and it would normally be seen on the bottom right, just below the rear lights; but instead, that badge was nowhere to be seen. There were no marks on the car from where the badge was removed.

Do you know why certain cars have some of the badges missing? There are many reasons why badges would get removed from certain cars. One reason is, that some badges fall off in accidents, some get taken off deliberately; and some just come without certain badges. If that car that I saw had no marks from where the model badge was removed, it's very likely that when that car was bought brand new, it never had that badge on the back. Do you agree? I can't think of any other reason.
mrfonts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-07, 03:39 PM   #2
Inactive User

Cool

Hi and welcome to the forum

Its unlikely thatthe badge fell off.Maybe the previous owner removed it takes minutes to do it. when a badge is removed a quick wipe with t-cut over the area and you would never know if a badge had been there or not.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-06-07, 12:57 PM   #3

hi im new here but my fella has a gti 180 and he took the badges off the back of his car except the gti 180 one an i must say i think it looks really smooth, one of our mates also has a 206 and he has de-badged the lion off the grill on the front of his car and that looks good too bit of a messy job though lol
206debbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-06-07, 06:19 PM   #4

Well - I nearly bought a 1 year old 307 about 3 months ago - then I noticed that the badge was missing. I asked the salesman and he said "oh sometimes they don't come with them" - something worried me and after signing all the paperwork I changed my mind. On closer inspection there was damage in the boot of the car - I think it had had an accident and the badge not replaced when a new tailgate had been fitted!!! Good job I did change my mind as I found a brand new model at the same price elsewhere and bought that instead.
davey102001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in