What engine will fit a 2007 Expert 2.0 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-13, 11:11 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 37
Default What engine will fit a 2007 Expert 2.0

I recently bought a 2007 Peugeot Expert non runner. It has the 2.0 16V 120BHP engine. The previous owner suffered a burst water pipe and the engine got a severe roasting and will not now start. I thought with so many 2.0 Hdi engines about it would be easy to pick up a suitable replacement but it seems there are so many variations I don't know what I could use. My engine is an RHK version but these seem to be hard to come by at sensible money. As stated the engine is a 16v unit mated to a six speed gearbox. Does anyone know what engines will fit and what pump/injectors/ecu would have to be used?
Rossi 46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-05-13, 05:15 PM   #2
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 38
Default

hi
it is best to use the rhk,what sort of prices have you been quoted.
colinrtn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-05-13, 11:02 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinrtn View Post
hi
it is best to use the rhk,what sort of prices have you been quoted.
The prices I have seen are from about 1700 to 2400. At those sort of prices its not going to happen. I realize the RHK engine is the one to go for but these engines are mostly fitted to the vans and taxi models. These tend to be high mileage vehicles and as a result are in big demand. I read on here somewhere that the engines are mechanically very similar and the different power outputs are determined by what Turbo, injection system and ECU programming are used. I suspect that the crank, rods pistons, heads etc on the 2.0 models may be very similar and indeed may be interchangeable but I just need someone who knows about these things to tell me one way or the other.
Rossi 46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 15-05-13, 07:23 AM   #4
davidireland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This engine is in Fiat, Citroen and Peugeot vehicles. A good one should be not hard to find. How bad is the engine damage?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-05-13, 09:50 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 37
Default

Unfortunately I have had a lot on lately and have not been able to get the engine out yet and I am away all next week. I suspect the engine almost seized and the pistons will probably be scrap as there appears to be little compression. I know the engine is common to Fiat Citroen and Peugeot but what I would like to know is will any 2.0 16v engine do the job? I have been offered a Fiat Ulysse RHJ engine (which I think is a 136hp engine) and wonder if this would be suitable? There appears to be some difference in the cylinder heads and I have seen a cylinder head that fits a number of engine types (not the RHK) and then there is a cylinder with a v45 casting number, whatever that means. Is there a real difference in these cylinder heads?
Rossi 46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-06-13, 05:45 PM   #6
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Default RHK engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi 46 View Post
Unfortunately I have had a lot on lately and have not been able to get the engine out yet and I am away all next week. I suspect the engine almost seized and the pistons will probably be scrap as there appears to be little compression. I know the engine is common to Fiat Citroen and Peugeot but what I would like to know is will any 2.0 16v engine do the job? I have been offered a Fiat Ulysse RHJ engine (which I think is a 136hp engine) and wonder if this would be suitable? There appears to be some difference in the cylinder heads and I have seen a cylinder head that fits a number of engine types (not the RHK) and then there is a cylinder with a v45 casting number, whatever that means. Is there a real difference in these cylinder heads?
Have you found the answer please?
I'm looking for RHK engine head.Is any other model number head is suitable for RHK engine please?
sabu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-06-13, 07:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: falkirk
Posts: 14,043
Default

The engine in a 2 litre hdi 407 code RHR will fit complete with a few minor alterations I know I have done it

Buy a crashed 407 700 tops sell off what you do not need.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-14, 09:53 AM   #8
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi 46 View Post
I recently bought a 2007 Peugeot Expert non runner. It has the 2.0 16V 120BHP engine. The previous owner suffered a burst water pipe and the engine got a severe roasting and will not now start. I thought with so many 2.0 Hdi engines about it would be easy to pick up a suitable replacement but it seems there are so many variations I don't know what I could use. My engine is an RHK version but these seem to be hard to come by at sensible money. As stated the engine is a 16v unit mated to a six speed gearbox. Does anyone know what engines will fit and what pump/injectors/ecu would have to be used?
Did you get any joy with engine as I have same problem
Paul knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-14, 11:07 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 37
Default

I decided to have a go at repairing my own engine. I took the engine out removed the head and got it skimmed. The bores and pistons seemed fine so I put the engine back together and put it back in the van. I had major problems getting oil pressure back and ended up removing the sump and packing the oil pump with grease. I finally got oil pressure but still had major problems getting the engine to run. I eventually got it started with easystart but it would only run if you kept the revs up. There was a lot of white smoke which I assume was unburnt diesel. I eventually did a compression test and got 320 240 270 340 psi readings for the 4 cylinders. The two middle cylinders were clearly too low. At this time I got the offer of a RHR engine from a C5. I left a deposit on the engine and he said he would take it out at the weekend. Unfortunately he changed his mind and I never did get the engine. So I stripped my own engine again and fitted a new set of rings and got the valve seats in the head recut. The guy in the machine shop thought that when the head had warped when it overheated that perhaps there may have been some distortion of the valve seats that may account for the low compression readings. I could not see anything wrong with the rings that came out of the engine, indeed the ring gaps were slightly tighter in the old rings than on the brand new ones. I am still in the process of putting the engine back together so it had better run properly this time or I will be pushing the van over the nearest cliff! I should know within the next week or so.

If you decide to change your engine I would go for a RHR engine (DW10BTED4 136bhp). The main difference seems to be in the turbo but if you use your own turbo you should have no problems. The RHR was fitted to a lot of different vehicles both Citroen and Peugeot. You can check what engine is in the car from the chassis number. The letters RHR will form part of the chassis number. Your Van will have the letters RHK in the chassis number.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
David
Rossi 46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.