turbo interchangability van and car - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-13, 10:57 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default turbo interchangability van and car

Hello i am lookiny to change a turbo on my 2003 peugeot expert could you tell me is a car turbo the same as a van i thought as long as it was a 110bhp and the correct make a garrat or a kkk they where interchangable if not what is the difference please help
lee8375dogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-05-13, 12:32 PM   #2
davidireland

A car turbo?????? Which car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-13, 01:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

A citreon c5

Old 17-05-13, 06:48 PM   #4

The expert turbos are different to the car turbos as the exhaust outlet is in a different position they can be adapted but none will bolt straight on except an expert /dispatch one
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-05-13, 11:02 AM   #5
Inactive User

Hello thanks for that would it solve the problem if I had the manifold to if not how difficult would it b to adapt and how would I go about it
Old 20-05-13, 02:42 PM   #6

Its not the manifold that differs its the downpipe fitting that differs you need a turbo to match the van outlet on the exhaust side of the turbo as a car outlet is different c5/406 do use the turbo you need but not always.

Find out the make of your own turbo and you might find a replacement from a car but it will still need adapting on the outlet side your own turbo is likely to be a garret gt 1549 but there is a letter after this and if it does not match then the outlet is different there is more too it than that but that's the basics easier just to find correct replacement.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-05-13, 04:19 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for that info i apprechiate it my turbo is a kkk not a garrat why do they make things complicated I have just been offered a turbo off a 52 plate expert for 70 so if it is a kkk it should fit I will have 3 turbos then should make a good one out of them lol thanks again just a quicky on another issue as u seem well clued up I have a noise from my auxillay belt cannot source the noise I think it could be the tensioner I have took the belt off and the roller seems ok the bottom pulley seems ok as does everything else is there a fool proof way of determing which roller it is thanks

Last edited by lee8375dogs; 20-05-13 at 04:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in