Time to change my Expert after 274,245 miles - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-13, 09:25 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Time to change my Expert after 274,245 miles

Well my 2001 Expert served me well but after 12 years she needs changing and I need some advice.

My van has the old faithful 1.9 XUD engine in it and I change the oil and filter every 6K without fail. This is the reason I think the rust has killed the old girl but the engine still starts first turn of the key.

Here is my question. While I owned her a few of my mates bought 2.0 HDi experts/dispatches and while I swore by mine they swore at theirs and so I am a little concerned about these newer engines.

The dealer wants to sell me a 1.6 HDi and I wonder what are they like? Are they baby versions of the 2.0 HDi and so a bit weak or are they completely new engines and if they are new engines are they more reliable?

I would buy another Expert tomorrow if I could spec the old faithful engine but maybe a new van every 250,000 miles and 12 years isn't quite Peugeots business model.

Advice please ...
markandcath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-02-13, 04:00 PM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: Time to change my Expert after 274,245 miles

The new engines will last with the best possible care especially the 1.6. There is no diesel engine out there that can outdo the xud for longevity. It is probably the best diesel engine in the world right up to this day. Im not talking about the most powerful but for its power it is excellent.
The 2.0hdi is a good engine but needs to be minded also. Id choose the 2.0 over the 1.6 in the expert as it needs it because of its weight.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-13, 07:38 PM   #3
Inactive User

I went for the 2.0 over the 1.6 I also had a v reg expert before and the van was fantastic apart from a on going oil leak that eventually set her on fire but she still ran for another 8 months after the engine fire
Good mainatance will keep any engine lasting longer so I would chose the 2.0 although if you have a heavy right foot the file bill could be a lot more
Herb1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in