Signal from remote? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-01-17, 05:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Signal from remote?

Hi all, still having problems with my remote central locking (posted in the vans section) but to be quite brief, 2004 1.9d expert with working central locking (working with key in lock only NOT via key fob), also changed battery in fob, so I got myself a Sealey fob tester just to make sure the fob was emitting a signal and to an extent it will, each push of either the lock or unlock button gives off a single illumination on the fob tester if you keep your finger on the button nothing else! I have repeated this with my car all be it not a Peugeot, friends and work colleagues cars including various Peugeot's and all give off a continuous signal, (Peugeot's tested all at least 8 to 10 years newer) So would anyone with any experience with key fobs have any idea if a flip key from a 2004 Peugeot Expert should only give off 1 signal per push of a button before I go and spend decent money on a replacement, Cheers.
bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-01-17, 08:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazo View Post
Hi all, still having problems with my remote central locking (posted in the vans section) but to be quite brief, 2004 1.9d expert with working central locking (working with key in lock only NOT via key fob), also changed battery in fob, so I got myself a Sealey fob tester just to make sure the fob was emitting a signal and to an extent it will, each push of either the lock or unlock button gives off a single illumination on the fob tester if you keep your finger on the button nothing else! I have repeated this with my car all be it not a Peugeot, friends and work colleagues cars including various Peugeot's and all give off a continuous signal, (Peugeot's tested all at least 8 to 10 years newer) So would anyone with any experience with key fobs have any idea if a flip key from a 2004 Peugeot Expert should only give off 1 signal per push of a button before I go and spend decent money on a replacement, Cheers.
I'm not sure if they are on Fiat system have you got a picture of remote
Old 28-01-17, 08:55 PM   #3

PROCEDURE

1. Switch the Ignition to ON and wait for security LED to go out (If fitted).

2. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 20 seconds.

3. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on all additional remote transmitters within 10 seconds.

4. Security LED should light for 1 second.

5. Switch ignition OFF and check operation.
Sp4rkst4rt3r likes this.

Old 28-01-17, 09:11 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks for the replies, I have tried numerous different methods to resync the keys to the van and none have worked! The reason I asked about the remote only sending one signal per push of each button is that if the on board systems do not "catch" the first and only signal from the fob then surely the remote locking system would still be in a low power state and not be able to recognise the frequency, wake the bsi, and unlock the doors? This has been totally wrecking my head as when I walk up to the van hands and most other parts of me full of my works tools, then have to put them all down to open the doors is a total pain, when we got the van the battery was dead in the fob so it couldn't be tested before purchase and as the immobiliser obviously worked I never thought it would be this hard to fix, again thanks for your replies and your continued assistance,
Old 28-01-17, 09:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazo View Post
Thanks for the replies, I have tried numerous different methods to resync the keys to the van and none have worked! The reason I asked about the remote only sending one signal per push of each button is that if the on board systems do not "catch" the first and only signal from the fob then surely the remote locking system would still be in a low power state and not be able to recognise the frequency, wake the bsi, and unlock the doors? This has been totally wrecking my head as when I walk up to the van hands and most other parts of me full of my works tools, then have to put them all down to open the doors is a total pain, when we got the van the battery was dead in the fob so it couldn't be tested before purchase and as the immobiliser obviously worked I never thought it would be this hard to fix, again thanks for your replies and your continued assistance,
Have you tried the method I just listed because that is tried and tested by vehicle locksmiths
Old 29-01-17, 08:39 AM   #6

My 206 is the same, I think the fix might need the Peugeot Planet software/Lexia setup to tell the car's computer to recognise the keyfob signal. It's on my list of things to try.

I've tried the buttons presses as mentioned above many times, it's listed on various websites and in my owner's manual, but alas not a fix.

Along the way I took a closer look a the key fob, I probed it with my oscilloscope and concluded the key fob sends one signal on button press (about 1 sec worth of signal transmitted), holding the button down longer does nothing further.
SilverDash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-01-17, 09:57 AM   #7

Expert remotes always give up working they are not the same as newer peugeots the system is an older system like the early 406 and 206 find 1 of these to test
Old 29-01-17, 01:37 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hi, I have indeed tried that method and many more on re-syncing the key, to date I have not used PP2000 to marry the key to the van so that is next on my list of ideas to try and fix it.
I still cannot work out how a dormant system can "wake up" with just the one signal burst from the fob, recognise it and open up the locks? Maybe i'm starting to grasp at straws here but I would of thought it would of required more than one signal to have the system realise it was its "signal" otherwise the car/van would be continually scanning for frequencies? thanks all,

Last edited by bazo; 29-01-17 at 01:49 PM.
Old 29-01-17, 02:19 PM   #9
Inactive User

Hi, Could I just ask also would a Citroen key fob of exactly the same shape work if reprogrammed or would they use completely different frequencies? Thanks again,
Old 30-01-17, 08:34 AM   #10

bazo: you got me thinking. My guess is, modern electronics can be setup to take very little power, so can be powered up all the time. I would think there is such a circuit in the vehicle that is basically a radio receiver and numerical decode computer.

The radio receiver "listens" for everything within its freq range which possibly just could be a single frequency (733MHz), then as "stuff" comes in the decoder will sift through this and filter out possible messages, there will then be a check list (done by the computer part) to see if any of the incoming data matches the unlock code.
SilverDash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in