Peugeot expert tepee e7 taxi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-19, 05:24 PM   #1

Default Peugeot expert tepee e7 taxi

Hi There,

I'm new here just signed up to the forum.

I have a Peugeot expert taper e7 taxi, I have an issue with the tailgate not opening at all. All other doors lock fine on the central locking but the tailgate can't open it at all.

I was doing some wiring on the back left (if your in the vehicle) where the wiring loom is, since then the tail gate won't open.

Does any one know what I might have done or which leads are the central locking for the tail gate to see if they have disconnected. Or even a way of opening the tailgate from inside the vehicle.

Thanks Matt.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-10-19, 05:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
Hi There,

I'm new here just signed up to the forum.

I have a Peugeot expert taper e7 taxi, I have an issue with the tailgate not opening at all. All other doors lock fine on the central locking but the tailgate can't open it at all.

I was doing some wiring on the back left (if your in the vehicle) where the wiring loom is, since then the tail gate won't open.

Does any one know what I might have done or which leads are the central locking for the tail gate to see if they have disconnected. Or even a way of opening the tailgate from inside the vehicle.

Thanks Matt.
In the handbook:
Attached Thumbnails
tailgate.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-19, 05:54 PM   #3

Hi, thanks for that

I have seen that in the book, can't for the life of me find it on the inside of the tail gate, can't see any hole to fit a screwdriver into.

Old 16-10-19, 10:33 AM   #4

The tailgate is electric release it does not lock and unlock it is purely opened by power sent from the BSI the catch has 4 wires 2 for the release and 2 for a switch to turn the interior lights on when its open.

the boot handle is just a button that completes a circuit and this tells the BSI to open the boot when you lock the car the BSI simply ignores the button its not actually locking the catch just switching it off.

The catch does indeed have an internal release and the good news is if it is faulty its the same catch as every other peugeot 207 307 407 etc but chances are the real issue is broken wires.
Old 24-10-19, 11:08 PM   #5

Thanks for your help mate. Managed to find the fault. A wire had come out if the main cluster in the panel by the rear lights that worked the switch on the tailgate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in