Peugeot Expert part identification help. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-17, 10:43 AM   #1

Default Peugeot Expert part identification help.

I have topped up my Eolys tank on my 2013 Peugeot Expert.

The connector block that the push fits connect onto is damaged and was tied up with cable ties.

It looks like it might have dropped down and been dragging in the road and the last owner used cable ties to fix it up.

I was worried about the damage so tied a food bag around it, removed and refitted the fuel cap (to trigger and injection) and drove 10 miles, I checked the bag and it had Eolys fluid in it which had either leaked during injection or just sloshing a full tank about while driving.

I went to my dealer to buy a new one but they can't find the part on the list, they showed me the exploded diagram and the connector block is not shown (they were not willing to take a look at the part on my van).

It looks like it is more than a connector block and has another purpose (maybe breather too?).

I need a part name or number to order a new one, can anyone help me identify this part?

Many thanks.
kudos1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-17, 11:19 AM   #2

If you post the last 8 of your VIN, someone could check Servicebox and see if the Peugeot person was looking at the right diagram
kudos1uk likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-17, 11:26 AM   #3

Thanks for that my vin is: DZ009060

I think he was looking at the right picture, he gave me a print off which I have here, I can see the fluid tank but not the connector block.

The diagram he gave me is: G9F 1 15A20A

Its hard to see in the picture but I'm starting to worry it is shown, attached to the tank on the left had side, with no part number it might need the whole tank to replace it.

Last edited by kudos1uk; 03-01-17 at 11:33 AM.

Old 03-01-17, 12:30 PM   #4

Could you give more precise details of it's location - referencing other parts nearby on the attached image?
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  
kudos1uk likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-17, 12:43 PM   #5

There is a small canister type thing attached to the underside by a plastic clip and pipes is this the part you mean as i remember cabletying them on ours as they kept falling down these were on earlier vans without DPF though
kudos1uk likes this.
Old 03-01-17, 03:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymarsbar View Post
Could you give more precise details of it's location - referencing other parts nearby on the attached image?
I have taken a picture, it looks worse in the picture than real life.
I have never had a leak of Eolys so I assumed it was sound, I have been driving it for over a year!

I can only guess that as I do a lot of motorway driving the DPF is staying soot free because it spends a lot of time very hot on the motorway?

I think the tank must have been empty of Eolys ever since I owned it which is over a year.

I have lost about 100ml today, its in a bag but i dont want to re-use incase its contaminated.

In the pic you can see the Eolys tank in the background and it looks like the connector is meant to clip onto the tanks.

Clearly at some time in the past it dropped down and dragged on the road, someone then cable tied it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
There is a small canister type thing attached to the underside by a plastic clip and pipes is this the part you mean as i remember cabletying them on ours as they kept falling down these were on earlier vans without DPF though
This is a 2013 DPF model 2.0HDI, it does sound like what you say though but can't be if yours was not a DPF model?
Attached Thumbnails
20170103_150703.jpg  
Old 03-01-17, 03:52 PM   #7

Yep thats it they must all have it we tied them on as i say not sure what you would call it but half of yours is missing
kudos1uk likes this.
Old 03-01-17, 04:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Yep thats it they must all have it we tied them on as i say not sure what you would call it but half of yours is missing
Those pipes carry the Eolys to the fuel tank for the DPF so its a bit odd yours had it but clearly you know the part well, as you say you have tied plenty up.

It's too big to just be a connector, it must have another function but I can't think what? breather or filter?

The part is not shown in jimmymarsbar's picture either and the picture is the same one Peugeot printed off for me.

Tried the local scrap yard but they did not have one.

Might have to try and find someone breaking one online.

Half the time it's trying to explain this system to people, when I start talking about a small tank of Eolys fluid under the van that is injected into the fuel tank to work as a catalyst in the DPF they just think I'm talking gibberish and wont even believe there is such a thing!
Its going to be fun explaining what part I want them to post me
Old 03-01-17, 06:43 PM   #9

But aren't the connectors OK, it is the remains of the tank that is connected to them?
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-17, 06:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
But aren't the connectors OK, it is the remains of the tank that is connected to them?
No its not the remains of the tank... The Eolys tank is the huge thing you see in the back ground, one pipe comes off the Eolys tank and goes into the broken connector block then the other pipe comes off the connector block and onto the fuel tank.

The broken thing is just a connector block not a tank.

The broken connector/joiner whatever its called is about the size of half a cigarette packet and has two male click connectors coming off it for the two pipes, there are no electrical connections.

It's just the shape and design suggests it does more than just connect the two pipes together but I could be barking up the wrong tree and maybe it is just a joiner so you can disconnect the pipes and refill the Eolys tank.

Last edited by kudos1uk; 03-01-17 at 10:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in