Peugeot Expert door lock/sensor faulty, please help! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-15, 08:05 AM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Peugeot Expert door lock/sensor faulty, please help!

Hi All.

I have a 59 plate Expert HDI XA 2L Diesel van which is showing a door fault on the dash display. It keeps flashing up that the FT RH door is open when it isn't and keeps beeping. This isn't a constant thing but happens sometimes every 30 seconds or can sometimes be a few minutes between showing, it also seems to happen more so if there is any pressure on the door (resting an elbow) or when going over speed bumps or rough surfaces ect.

The central locking and key fob work fine when the engine is off or the van is stationary. It does unlock itself when driving but I am aware the doors wont lock if it thinks there is a door open.

Thanks in advance, Chris.
DAS Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-15, 10:55 AM   #2
Inactive User

I have the same problem bud,i suspect its the door lock mechanism but not 100% certain. On my van if you lock the doors and then apply pressure on the handle the doors unlock so not secure at all. Mine does exactly as yours and its a bit annoying.
If you find out could you let me know if you get to the bottom of it I'd appreciate it.
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-09-15, 03:55 PM   #3

Likely to be a faulty switch inside the door lock mechanism.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-09-15, 06:39 PM   #4
Inactive User

I've been given a rough price for a lock mechanism 150-180 + fitting! Im wondering if you can get a cheaper fix?
Old 28-09-15, 10:55 PM   #5
Inactive User

Does the door have a separate pressure sensor that is pushed in while door is closed. If so push in and spray a little wd40 down the sides. And push it in and out a few times. If dirt has got in it can cause the pressure switch to not cut the current to show door is closed.

That's if the newer cars / vans still have them. Failing that try pull the sensor / pressure switch and check with a volt meter on continuity setting to see if the circuit breaks as it should.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-10-15, 08:05 PM   #6
Inactive User

No nothing other than the lock and an hole to lock the door(s) manually.
Obviously a common fault because my local dealer told me he's sold quite a few.
Old 02-10-15, 08:20 PM   #7
Inactive User

Seen on other posts the most now have the sensor built in to the lock. Means removing the lock and as a first attempt spray the wd40. Give at a few taps to let the lubricant penetrate. Refit and test. Worth a shot if you are up to removing it.

Other option is replace.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-10-15, 08:57 PM   #8

Getting one from a scrapyard will be a whole lot cheaper than buying new from the dealer. If there are no local scrapyards with the right vehicle in there are plenty of online sites that take your requirements and send the information to a network of yards who will email you with the price and post out to you if you accept their offer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-15, 12:13 AM   #9
Inactive User

This is a very common problem aparently, i would imagine buying second hand you may inherit someone else's problems, having said that a low mileage one may be an option.
Im thinking its a micro switch inside the unit.
I'll investigate next week and post my findings.
Old 23-01-17, 11:01 AM   #10
Inactive User

We have had the same problem on a 57 plate expert hdi. Started with drivers door then both front. After lots of head scratching and going slightly star crazy from months of consistent beeping I read this thread and decided to try wd40. Sprayed (doused) all locking mechanisms and hinges on doors, opened and shut, locked and unlocked several times. Beeping continued for final journey that day but after an overnight soak in, today touch wood we finally have silence, fingers crossed it stays. A worth while effort to solve a common problem before looking into too much expense.
Lji1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in