Peugeot Expert Brake Problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-12, 11:12 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot Expert Brake Problems

Hi, Ive got a job on at the moment, a 2007 Peugeot Expert that came in with braking issues, i found it had very low pads so the pads changed all round, after that was done whilst bedding them in i found the pedal was sinking half way then going hard so i changed the master cylinder and bled the eintire system including the abs pump using our delphi diagnostics system to activate the pump. went out on a road test again and found the pedal then turned rock hard as if it had a loss of vacuum or a faulty servo so I started to dig around with vacuum pressure etc and found the vacuum at the servo to be exactly the same as that of a known working van which left only one real possibility - the servo is faulty so I changed the servo and still no change to the pedal. ive checked that the servo linkage isnt siezed and the master cylinder is correctly aligned to the servo ram and am now starting to run out of ideas.

i know the fiat scudo had a recall regarding the vacuum pump having a valve that isnt compliant and the drive pin playing up but the pump shows no symptoms of being faulty, ive heard several horror stories regarding these vans now and people going without their van for weeks on end whilst sveral garages and main dealers pick through it to no avail so any help would be much appreciated
connor_clark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-12, 10:49 AM   #2
Inactive User

First thing i'd do is swap the m/c back with the old one just to rule that out.
Are there no brakes at all or just damn heavy?
danthevan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-12, 11:53 AM   #3
Inactive User

the old master cylinder has seals gone, theres a visable fluid leak from it so thats that already ruled out, ive since tried a vacuum pump from another van and a vacuum pipe without the non return valve and still no difference... the pedal feels exactly as if the servo doesnt have the vacuum pipe attatched the brakes do work but its very hard to push the pedal down

Old 12-01-12, 01:49 PM   #4
Inactive User

seems like you've been thorough with it then.

Teaching grandma to suck eggs etc (sort of thinking logically of hydraulics!), i'd start at the m/c cracking open the brake lines to rule out if there is a pad / caliper jammed somewhere, especially if the seals on the old m/c were shot.
danthevan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-12, 04:06 PM   #5
Inactive User

That's the plan for Monday but I can't see it's going to prove anything because it seems to be a servo oriented problem because of the symptoms it's showing, the pedal feels like there's no servo fitted
Old 15-07-16, 12:06 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Vinny

I have the exact same problem on a 406 hid did you ever get to the bottom of the problem
Vinny 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-18, 05:40 PM   #7

Default Mr R Glendinning

Hi, having read the previous posts re hard to soft brakes I have the same symptoms on my 2004 non turbo diesel expert panel van, I have had a new / refurbished vacuum pump fitted and there is good pressure there does not seem to be any leaks anywhere The van has had new brake pads fitted however there is no improvement and the garage are not really interested in going any further. After reading the forum pages I can see why. Q does the servo unit come out from the engine side or is there access to the rear of the servo bolts via the firewall / bulkhead? Thank you in anticipation.
epvstator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-18, 06:36 PM   #8

i have not had any problems on the 2007 on expert but on the old one i have seen the servo being flipped inside many times after a pad change or a brake bleed, when being rough pumping brake pedal. if you look behind the servo inside the car you can see a bump on the bulkhead. i just cut a y in the metal and open it up to get at the servo bolts. reweld panel and put carpet back. its much quicker this way.
salster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in