Odd electrical issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-18, 08:17 AM   #1

Default Odd electrical issue

I posted on here the other day regarding temp sender.

This is my problem

The gauge reads high, its about 100 when the new thermostat opens exactly the same as the old one, three different senders all give the same results, I have cleaned all earth points

What I am getting is this

When up to temp, if I turn on electrical items one at a time the gauge gets instantly higher and with the cooling fan running with all other electrics on, lights blowers etc the gauge goes up to the red, then switch them off and it quickly goes down to around 95-100. Switch the engine off and turn the ignition back on and the gauge reads around 90 (normal) start the engine and instant reading of 95-100.

I'm now sure it has to be electrical as I can remove the header tank cap when fully hot and no pressure or evidence of boiling occurs even when the gauge is reading 110.

I also notice when I apply the brakes the lcd screen dips in brightness

Any one have any suggestions
bigmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-18, 10:28 PM   #2

Sounds like one of your loom ground points is not making a good connection with the body. Go though all of them one by one, remove, clean and replace with a smear of copper grease. The main ones to find are around the engine fuse box, and up under the dash on both sides.
You might as well also go through the main ground wires from battery-body-engine while you are at it.. same method of remove, clean, copper grease up and replace.
If this does not help, check loom connecting plugs and have a close look at the fuse box, ECU and BSI plugs/fuses and wiring.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-05-18, 03:32 PM   #3

Default nothing works!

Thanks for the response I have gone through everything and nothing made a difference!

I have just tried fitting some clocks form a breakers but the same thing happens

could it be an internal ecu problem
bigmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in