intermittent non starting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-19, 04:53 PM   #1

Default intermittent non starting

PEUGEOT EXPERT Box (VF3A_, VF3U_, VF3X_) 2.0 HDi 120 (120Hp).

Here is my problem, sometimes my van wont start. It turns over at speed but does not fire at all.

There is no telling when this might happen but of late its been every second or third time of trying to start.

In the past when this happened maybe twice a week i would just erase the fault codes with a code reader and it would start, annoying but not a problem,that was until last week.

As usual it wouldnt start but erasing the fault codes would not get it to start, and called the AA out who sent a local garage out to sort the van out.

He didnt plug any diagnostics into the van he just lifted up the bonnet unplugged and re connected a couple of sensors, one on the fuel filter, air in take and two at the bottom of the engine and it started straight away.
We restarted the van 4 or 5 times perfect. drove it to my friends house about 5 minutes away. When i then tried to start the van after an hour it wouldnt start. I redid what the mechanic had done and after about 20 mins got it to start. It started the next morning, drove for 3 hours stopped it then after another 2 hours same again, wouldnt start.

Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this, could it be a dodgy sensor somewhere? would plugging into diagnostics machine show the way to repair this?

When it starts it drives perfectly no problems at all, as if all were fine but you never know if it will restart.
The battery is new as well.

Please help end this misery.
Thanks in advance.
tealthou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-19, 07:42 PM   #2

A good start would be to actually record the fault codes your getting rather than deleting them this will give you an idea what is actually causing the issue.
Old 02-10-19, 10:28 AM   #3

I am away from the van for 2 weeks but will post up what fault codes i am getting. I know one was sometimes low voltage but the engine spins over just fine.
Like i say when it starts it drives perfectly so i dont think there is anything physically wrong with it other than faulty sensors!!!
Thanks
tealthou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in