Heater query - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-17, 03:36 PM   #1

Default Heater query

Iím Richard and have not been a member for long and a bit nervous of posting as have read rules and praying Iím posting in correct place, donít want to get verbally chastised.
Iíve looked at loads of posts in case someone has posted same question in past and canít find anything specific to my vehicle, a 2009 2.0HDi Expert van.
My question: - Are these renowned for having a poor heater? My tempí gauge swiftly gets to just under 90 and stays there as should but heat isnít that good resulting in me being cold (journey is fifteen miles to work), when heat is felt itís more high up (around head even tough I've got it on foot level (unpleasant)) and top of leg and lap area is cold (feet are OK as this is where what heat there is goes directly down there).
Fan speeds all work and makes a lot of wind noise but resulting air from vents isnít very powerful, Iíve previously owned VW t4ís and never rated them as good heaters but a veritable oven compared to this and blower produced a gale when on top two settings.
This vehicle has no ACU so that isnít on!
Other question (which I canít find a thread for my model) is what fuel consumption should I expect? (Previous owner insists it always did over 40mpg but Iím seeing 34-35mpg driven normally (not doodling but not hard)).
rickarse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-17, 08:04 AM   #2

Hi Rick,
I don't know too much about the Expert van but the 407s of the same date are known for having heater flap problems. Basically the levers inside the conduits break. The way you describe your issue sounds the same.
As for the MPG, it sounds about right to be honest. I have a new traveller that's the 2l HDI ind 35-38mpg is all I get.

Grumpy
Old 04-12-17, 04:05 PM   #3

Expert heater is a good heater there are a couple of possible options

1 the pollen filter is full of crap its in the big metal intake on bulkhead that stops you seeing engine
2 The matrix itself is clogged with silt from previous owner not using antifreeze

Possibly a combination of both flaps are also a possibility but not normally an issue on expert

MPG is normally 35-40

Old 04-12-17, 07:37 PM   #4

Thank you for the replies I'll investigate the suggested reasons for my problem.
rickarse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in