Fuel leak, filter housing? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-18, 09:48 PM   #1

Default Fuel leak, filter housing?

Hi, I'm new to the forum, been lurking for a long time and managed to solve issues with my 206 by reading the posts, now I've bought a 2005 2.0 TDI Expert and i'm going to need a bit of help.

I have no previous Diesel experience so quite a lot is new to me, I'm sure I heard/read that if they run out of fuel its a nightmare because you have to bleed the system, is that right?

Anyway my van has started with a fuel leak tonight, from what i could see with the torch on my phone is that it appears to be coming from the fuel filter housing, can I remove this without causing more problems so i can check for leaks?
Do i need to crimp/seal any lines so the fuel pump doesn't suck any air in? I'm just a bit concerned about creating more work and more problems while i try and find the leak.
Is this leaking a known issue?
Any suggestions on what i should be looking for when/if i remove it.
I guess while its off i should replace the filter, any tips on that.

Any other information would be appreciated, or a link to drawings/pictures of the filter housing.
ScottT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-18, 08:43 PM   #2

There may be a bulb in the fuel line allowing you to manually pump fuel when you change the filter. After you have verified the cause and fixed the leak of course!.

If you run out of diesel on most modern cars you will eventually get it to fire up again simply by cranking it over and over. Not a good idea, your battery and starter motor wont like it.

Roger.
Old 08-05-18, 08:41 PM   #3

Sorted it out, I unbolted the filter so i could have a better look right around it to see where the leak was coming from, from the lid at the rear.
I took the 3 hoses off and the electrical conection, once i got it on the bench took the lid off and I found there was no O ring.
Fitted a new O ring, put it all back in place and the engine fired up straight away (no inline bulb, but i never emptied the filter).

Drove it around for a while, no leaks
ScottT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in