Expert Tepee EGR running problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-16, 01:44 PM   #1

Default Expert Tepee EGR running problems

Where do I start? I've had a good look around over the last few days and can't find a resolution to this problem, although others seem to be experiencing similar issues.

Here is the issue:

2007 Tepee 2.0HDI RHK engine.

I wont go into all of the past history, as it will take too long, but to be brief: it had a new set of injectors, and the emision light came on saying it had an EGR fault. After some testing, I replaced the EGR valve with a new genuine delphi unit, but the fault is still there.

I have Diagbox, The codes I am getting are: P0406 and P1462.

I have run through the install new egr programme in diagbox a number of times.

I did suspect a bad wire, so checked continuity through the old unit after dismantling it to use as a break out box, and found wire no5 to be playing around, I fixed that, but it's still the same.(even after running re-programme again)

I've checked continuity to the ecu, all good.

Here are some other details: EGR Electrovalve open cycle ratio 0
Throttle electrovalve open cycle ratio 10
Exhaust gas recycling valve position copy 100%
EGR valve postion instructions 100%

Looking at the wiring diagram, I'm a bit confused as to what terminals should be getting what voltages etc.

The EGR valve is a Delphi EG10396-12B1

The readings I am getting on my multimeter are:

Pin 1 +5v
Pin 2 Blank
Pin 3 Continuity to Earth
Pin 4 Continuity to Earth
Pin 5 Continuity to Earth
Pin 6 .503 ohms on the audible test setting, and +5v

If I connect the multimeter red lead to terminal 6 and the black lead to terminals 3, 4 or 5, I get +5v.

Are these readings correct, or have I got a problem at the ECU?

After disturbing the fuel pump to rectify an oil leak, which I did manage to fix, the car is now stalling and has really low power as well, I have refitted everything and double checked all connections, could it be just air?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
MrBlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-07-16, 02:37 PM   #2

You say you have had the fuel pump off you may have disturbed the vac pipe going to the turbo control solenoid as the pipes come off the vac pump and run along the rear and it would be easily dislodged while removing the pump.
original pipework is alloy and can wear through at the points where it clips into cover this would cause low boost and affect EGR readings as the ecu would not see correct airflow also if your airflow meter is not getting a good connection the ecu disables the EGR.

EGR is a stepper motor so voltage tests wont tell you much.
Old 22-07-16, 06:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
You say you have had the fuel pump off you may have disturbed the vac pipe going to the turbo control solenoid as the pipes come off the vac pump and run along the rear and it would be easily dislodged while removing the pump.
original pipework is alloy and can wear through at the points where it clips into cover this would cause low boost and affect EGR readings as the ecu would not see correct airflow also if your airflow meter is not getting a good connection the ecu disables the EGR.

EGR is a stepper motor so voltage tests wont tell you much.
Thank you for the tip. I checked the vacuum pipes after you said that, and found them all to be in good shape, however, whilst I was there, I decided to double check the electrical connections to the pump and found that some how I had managed to get them on the wrong way around! (I wasn't feeling well when I did it....)So, part 2 is sorted.

However, I still have P0406 at the moment.

You mentioned that the EGR is basically a stepper motor. Would I be right in saying that this only affects wires 3 & 4?

And, if that is true, should'nt I be getting a voltage between the two of some where between .7 and 1.5 v closed to 3 - 4 v open?

Please tell me if I'm wrong, I'm sort of guessing.

Thanks again.

Old 22-07-16, 07:15 PM   #4

I have never had the need to read voltages on the EGR so dont know what you should be seeing
Old 03-03-17, 04:28 PM   #5

Default Update

If anyone out there can help, Id appreciate it...

Im still troubleshooting the issue with the EGR valve on this vehicle.

The latest is that I found that the ECU was pumping out 5v from the reference circuit, when it shouldnt have been.

However, I am trying to find out what caused the ECU to do this, as it has damaged the circuit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

As a starting point, Ive disconnected the plugs to the ecu and checked to see if they have any voltage going to them. I got the following readings:

Grey plug, nothing.

Brown Plug, G4, J3 and E1 all had 12 volts positive., I was expecting it on G4, as it feeds from the battery via the fuse board. J3 I was half expecting, but I'm not sure about E1, as it feeds from wire 1376 to 1158 The pre post heating unit. (Terminal 8) is this correct? seems a bit odd the heater unit supplying 12v to the ECU?

Down to the 32 black plug, I found A4 had 2.55 v, as this is a can wire, I think thats probably okay.

E4 had 12v which feeds from the stop light switch, c3 also had just under 12v, and this seemed odd, as it is also down as a inter system trigger from BSI1 (body system interface) I thought this should be a can wire? so is this reading Im getting wrong? E3 also had 12v, which is the clutch position switch. B2 and D4 also had 12v and both are fan control 1 and 2, but the service box has them down as (-) so is this reading incorrect?

Im wondering if the BSI unit has gone wrong.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-03-17, 05:21 PM   #6

Bsi has nothing to do with engine control

Post up some live data readings of airflow etc
Old 07-03-17, 01:33 PM   #7

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Sorry for delay in getting back to you. Been ill.

I could get some data readings, however, the problem is electric. The ecu is putting out 5v back to the EGR where it should be monitoring the output of the EGR. The pintle circuit has a constant 5v, where it should be variable.

Therefore, whilst the ECU is at fault, there is obviously a wiring fault or sensor problem causing the issue, which I want to fix before fixing the ECU (again).

Hence, why Im looking for pin out info and trying to source the error.

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in