Expert Tepee Aircon Problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-18, 05:04 PM   #1

Default Expert Tepee Aircon Problems

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum.

I was hoping to get some advice from others regarding my aircon issues.

I bought a used Expert Tepee last year and neglected to check the aircon (silly me). Anyway, to cut a long story short I ended up paying to replace the compressor and condenser. The aircon then worked fine through the summer.

Recently I had a accident in my car and since then the aircon has not been right. I have been back to my garage and they cannot find out what is wrong with it as it is an intermittent fault. When the aircon works it is really cold, but then it will stop working sometimes for 10 - 15 minutes and then it will come back on again. My garage has suggested that there may be some sort of sensor which switches the aircon on and off when the desired temperature is reached, which he says is around 16C. I do not have climate control in the van, so is it likely that there will be a sensor on this model? It hasn't warmed up that much recently, so I really can't tell if the interior temperature is at optimum or whether it is simply a fault. I'm sure a really hot day will tell, but I can't wait for that as I need to get back to the insurance company.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-18, 07:32 AM   #2

Does the cooling fan work on low speed with the air con on. If fan is faulty refrigerant can over heat and raise pressure and over pressure switch operates shutting down compressor once it cools again from normal air flow over condenser pressure drops and it will restart and then go through the same cycle again

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-18, 08:33 AM   #3

Hi and thanks for your response. I'm not sure if the cooling fan stays at optimum temperature when on low. I have only run it at full speed. I will try it and let you know how I get on. Thank you.

Old 11-05-18, 05:40 PM   #4

Fan should start on low speed even with a cold engine when air con is switched on
Old 17-05-18, 01:48 PM   #5

Just an update. I took the car to a Peugeot dealer to diagnose the problem. I have had the car in and out of different garages, including the bodyshop who said there was no damage to the fans/radiators etc after my accident. Anyway, Peugeot immediately identifed that one of the fans was damaged and bent and the housing cracked. Is appears that the fan is not working properly due to the damaged. Really disappointed in the bodyshop not noticing it. Anyway hopefully Peugeot will fix the problem now.

Thanks for your help with this problem.

Paul
Old 31-05-18, 09:32 AM   #6

Just an update.

So I had the broken fans replaced at Peugeot dealership last Friday and Aircon is still faulty.

The Aircon definitely works well during town (low speed driving), but it stops working as soon as I drive at higher speeds on a motorway.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 31-05-18, 06:44 PM   #7

A/C systems have a load sensing system which switches off the A/C when accelerating/ powering up a hill. It is possible yours is not functioning properly and is switching the A/C off under the demands of high speed freeway use. Long shot...

PP2000/Diagbox can monitor the a/c system live, this might tell you why it is switching off.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-18, 11:17 AM   #8

Hi and thank you for your reply.

Peugeot have looked at the Aircon again and now say it is a faulty compressor (Probably a component failure). They said the compressor is cutting in and out. I asked how they can be sure it isn't something else causing this and they said the diagnostic machine showed a fault code indicating a faulty compressor.

I now need to purchase a second compressor within the year. My concern is that I pay for another compressor and it ends up not fixing the problem.

Could anyone comment whether these diagnostic machines are usually reliable, or could it be something else causing the problem?

My regular garage thinks the compressor will either work or not and that it is unlikely to be the compressor if the Aircon intermittently works.

Many thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in