Expert rear door open when driving - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-16, 05:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expert rear door open when driving

Hi there,

I have a 2002 expert, rear doors shut and lock fine, can't force open by hand without using handle. But when driving along the passenger side rear door opens by itself, luckily the other door prevents from opening completely. I read somewhere that the spring goes on the interior latch, which is possible as doesn't feel very 'springy'.

Does anyone know exactly what spring is needed to replace, looks like a torsion type but there's so many types online. And any advise on how easy it is to replace would be much appreciated
Defnoexpert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-16, 10:35 AM   #2
Inactive User

Hi mate, had the same thing on my 2001 van. All i did was take the catch plate off, where it curves over where the latch catches it, hammer it out so its flat, no curve. Mine dont ping open anymore.
BikerBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-16, 04:43 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerBill View Post
Hi mate, had the same thing on my 2001 van. All i did was take the catch plate off, where it curves over where the latch catches it, hammer it out so its flat, no curve. Mine dont ping open anymore.
Thanks I'll take a look, do you me the plates that are attached to the top and bottom of the van? As opposed to the door itself?
Defnoexpert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-16, 04:47 PM   #4
Inactive User

Yes, the ones attached to the body, not the doors. Hard as hell to flatten though. But they are adjustable so when you refit them just move them to the right position to catch the door. I did the bottom one first & that cured the problem, but then did the top one too to give me piece of mind.

Last edited by BikerBill; 12-10-16 at 04:58 PM.
BikerBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in