Expert II - Wipers/Relays - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-12, 05:30 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expert II - Wipers/Relays

Hi all,

I've had a 55 plate Expert 1.9D 815 for about a month now and as you might imagine it's had a few little niggles, most of which I have easily sorted. The lack of a Haynes or similar manual though really makes things a pig - even after trawling through here and other Peugeot forums.

So here's the current one:

I have the 'front wipers failing to park/no intermittant wipe' problem. I cannot locate a relay to check/replace. One wipe, speed 1 and speed 2 all work, except when you switch off the wipers they just stop where they are.

Following on with the whole relay thing, I found the fascia fusebox (almost by accident), replaced a couple of blown 5A ones but curiousity has got to me on the purposes of the 3 relay locations beside the fuses. The mounting plastic is marked from bottom to top 2, 3, 4 and 5..... 2, 3 and 4 all have sockets (green, grey, green) but only 1 green relay is fitted. It was in the bottom socket (2) but I moved it to the other green socket (4) to see if anything happened or stopped working.... the only real change was now suddenly the radio works great... I'm getting good RDS signals on all BBC stations :-D .... so for the moment I've left the relay in place.

Anyone able to shed some light on either question (I'm a Vectra C man myself... new to all this Peugeot stuff)
Handyandy-UK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-12, 06:23 PM   #2
davidireland

Without looking at it i'd say you have a wipermotor problem.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-12, 06:29 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks David, that gives me a direction to start looking. I'm thinking wiring or plug connection break/corrosion or parking switch failure. I'll have to have a dig about at how to whip out the motor assembly.

Old 20-05-12, 11:58 AM   #4
Inactive User

Ok, so I've now had the wiper motor assembly out and opened - the 'park switch' is provided by interuptions to the rotary contacts on the main gear. All gears, teeth and contacts are fine. So as the wipers operate on speed 1 and 2 but not on the two timed functions, I am pretty certain it's a relay failure.... the only problem is locating the appropriate relay as there are no timer relays in either fascia or engine bay fuseboxes.

Anyone ?
Old 25-05-12, 01:07 PM   #5
Inactive User

Well I've found (I hope) at least one problem - went to start it this morning and it just cranked and cranked... more white smoke than the red arrows coming out the back.
Following on from a couple of very useful videos on YouTube regarding glowplugs changing and testing, I then bunged my meter onto the two terminals of what I was now assuming to be the glow plug relay bolted to the front wing... 12.5v battery, 12.5v big post, 0v little post.... relay failed !

So new relay on order and fingers crossed.

Incidentally, I then put the lead from the small post onto the large post (minor sparks), cranked the engine and it fired on half a turn !
The lead was then returned to it's correct post as I don't want a constant live feed to burn out the plugs.

With luck I'll be back early next week to proclaim a fix to at least one of my problems.
Old 29-06-12, 05:49 PM   #6
Inactive User

Well latest on the wipers front... I have located a relay that corresponds to those advertised as the wiper relay.... and lo, internally it's melted!

Could this be the source of the Expert's wipers problem?

I have a replacement on order and will update soon....
Old 04-07-12, 12:06 PM   #7
Inactive User

UPDATE

Well that's the wipers sorted... turned out to be that blue relay after all. 5 for a replacement off the bay and suddenly I have 1 wipe and intermittant back again and the wipers park at the completetion of a sweep, not just where they are when you move the switch!

For anyone else with an Expert with this, check the blue relay to the right of the lower green relay in the fusebox behind the glovebox.
Old 05-07-12, 05:01 PM   #8
Inactive User

Default Goodnight, farewell and amen

Well it's only been a short partnership, but my little Expert and I will soon be parting company. It's proving a little small for my work needs and a suitable R*****t is coming my way at a good price. Time to shift to a different forum once again.

Tempted to put the PP kit up for sale too as it's brand new and I'll now have no use for it...

(For those wrackign your brains for where they've heard the title 'Goodnight, farewell and amen' before, it was the title of the final episode of MASH - still I believe, the largest TV audience for a single show in history.)
Old 24-07-12, 07:56 AM   #9
Inactive User

Default pp kit

hi handyandy,
have you still got your pp kit or did you sell it?
if you still have how much would you want for it and what other items would i need to operate it?
simon.
simon160567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-07-12, 02:15 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon160567 View Post
hi handyandy,
have you still got your pp kit or did you sell it?
if you still have how much would you want for it and what other items would i need to operate it?
simon.
I'm afraid the kit went to Norway and by the sounds of it will be rather heavily used.
They're readily available on a cetain auction site and your best bet to run the software successfully would be an XP laptop - again, plenty of older machines available should you want a dedicated PP machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in