Expert ECU head scratcher - how do I fix this? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-15, 05:21 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expert ECU head scratcher - how do I fix this?

2002 Expert 2.0HDi
Lots of mysterious short duration engine problems, then OK for a few days. Then throttle position sensor fault, replaced this, then non starter, no low pressure fuel pump, engine speed sensor fault, replaced this but still no start and odd random clicks from relays.
Unplugged ECU, found centre ( of 3) socket full of water. That was bad enough but three of the pins have rotted away and are now stuck in the socket instead of in the ECU. I guess I need to replace the ECU ( or can the pins be replaced?) but also need to fit a new socket Can I dismantle the socket to get the individual connectors out??
Can anyone point me in the direction of a pin-out cross reference between the single 88 pin connector ( as all the wiring diagrams show) and the three individual plugs so I can see what functions are missing.

I could always open the ECU, hard wire from inside some flying leads where required, bring them out thru a hole I drill in the ECU case and splice them into the cables. The ECU would then have to live in a plastic bag for the rest of its life!!
Help!!!
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-15, 05:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
2002 Expert 2.0HDi
Lots of mysterious short duration engine problems, then OK for a few days. Then throttle position sensor fault, replaced this, then non starter, no low pressure fuel pump, engine speed sensor fault, replaced this but still no start and odd random clicks from relays.
Unplugged ECU, found centre ( of 3) socket full of water. That was bad enough but three of the pins have rotted away and are now stuck in the socket instead of in the ECU. I guess I need to replace the ECU ( or can the pins be replaced?) but also need to fit a new socket Can I dismantle the socket to get the individual connectors out??
Can anyone point me in the direction of a pin-out cross reference between the single 88 pin connector ( as all the wiring diagrams show) and the three individual plugs so I can see what functions are missing.

I could always open the ECU, hard wire from inside some flying leads where required, bring them out thru a hole I drill in the ECU case and splice them into the cables. The ECU would then have to live in a plastic bag for the rest of its life!!
Help!!!
if swapping ecu you need either a virgin ecu or ecu bsi and key set from same vehicle
Old 12-11-15, 05:37 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks, yes I am aware of the issues with replacement ECU's. There are virgin ones around.

Old 12-11-15, 05:49 PM   #4

i can virginise them cheap if you need one doing
Old 12-11-15, 08:12 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
i can virginise them cheap if you need one doing
how much can you repair ecu or bsi units for please ,206 on 2004 plate all dash light on been told ecu fault
imsotired is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-15, 08:50 AM   #6

you have just hijacked someone elses thread
Old 20-11-15, 03:58 PM   #7
Inactive User

The van is running again. Took the ECU apart, soldered on some leads and put it back together. It was a bit twitchy at times but OK. Still looking for a pin out tie up between the three plug unit and the single plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in