Expert/806 Diesel cruise control activation, how to ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-12, 09:32 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expert/806 Diesel cruise control activation, how to ?

Hi folks,

am trying...and not suceeding... activating the cruise control.

The car:
2002 Fiat Scudo 2.0 JTD 16V 109HP DW10ATED RHW
same as Expert 2.0 HDI or Jumpy 2.0 HDI
Running on Bosch EDC15C2

Software:
PP2000 v.10a 23-25

I found a couple of "how to" for the 306 .... but not for any 806 / Expert.
Have the original switch, checked the wiring harness (all the 4 pin connectors there....).

Question:
a) do I need PP2000 or maybe Lexia for the activation?
b) or can I try to enter the programming mode through another model with the same ECU and engine? i.e. open the 407 and go through the models? If so, what model do I need to choose?

Cheers and a happy new year
Mike
michael1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-12-12, 10:59 AM   #2
Inactive User

Default Update

Hi there,

so far... here is the update.

Was able to access the Expert/Scudo through other models. there are some error messages though, however, one can click simply through them.
Later one can access category 70, driver assistance... and there... you'll find cruise controls items.

HOWEVER..... this is possible only on 307, 807 and Expert 2.
306, 806 and Expert 1 do not have these options.
Mainly, the BSI and COM2000 are missing....

So...WHAT THE HECK are the BSI and COM2000??
Are those ECUs one can refit? Or do I need a more powerfull bus system?

Any advice?

Is there anyone here who ever succeeded in refitting an original cruise control on an 806 / Expert?
As far as I know, the cruise control was an option on those cars... or am I wrong??

Cheers...and a good new year...

Mike
Old 05-01-13, 01:39 PM   #3
Inactive User

news news news

Ok.... since nobody replies I am anal enough to go ahead....

So, today I found ONE trace of the cruise control.
In the EXPERT I model, under
-Engine ECU
-Parameter Measurement
-Driving Information
-------> cruise control switch -----> INACTIVE

that is strange.
In the wire harness, switch 7300 (the one that connects to the yellow 9-pole receptacle) connects only pin #1 and pin #2 (the other ones are for backlighting and LED ON/OFF). Subsequently this wire on pin #2 is connected to the stalk pin#A1 and directly to pin #K4 on the engine ECU.

ha ha haaaa.....so either, the wiring harness is somehow defect, the pin #K4 not connected to the stalk....OR..... the ECU is simply not accepting the +12V on that pin as a valid signal, due to a software setting (the one I cannot change).

I will take that damned ECU appart as soon as it is getting warmer..... However, in the meanwhile, any ideas??

Cheers
Mike

Old 05-01-13, 04:06 PM   #4

I think a good idea would be to keep it in 1 place

The reason you have no replies is

1 nobody knows and

2 you keep asking the same question in different ways please refer to 1

I will give my opinion once only on this your vehicle is too old to have com 2000 and as a result i believe any cruise control fitted would need some form of computer control to make it work. On com 2000 cars the cruise is controlled by the BSI/ECU as it is a fly by wire system on these making cruise relatively easy to add

Older 406 IE pre 2000 models with cruise had a motor pulling a cable with lots of wires going to it to make the cruise work i believe yours will be similar
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-13, 05:57 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi there,

thanks.
Well, the engine is a drive by wire, since the throttle signal is generated by the throttle position sensor. It would make sense on the old delphi driven engines, since they do have a throttle cable connected to the diesel pump.
On this DW10ATED however, the throttle wires drive a TPS (not a throttle body), hence simply generating the electric signal, the ECU in turn controls the injection and parameters. Similar to the Volkswagen TDIs back in the early 90s.
Checking the diagrams it holds true, there are simply no other added ECUs or controls in the cruise control (if one likes, I can post the wiring diagrams).
Seems quite strange though ...some people wrote they retrofitted with the original stalk (on Expert and 806), cannot get a hand on them
Should I be able to shed more light to this...I'll post the answer.... any other input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mikd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in