Expert 2.0hdi limp mode/anti pollution error - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-18, 10:00 PM   #1

Default Expert 2.0hdi limp mode/anti pollution error

I've got the titled error/problem with my van. I've taken it in and had a diagnostic which threw up error P0088- fuel rail pressure too high. The diagnostic expert suggested changing the fuel filter, then the fuel regulator valve and finally (the other two didnt work) the pressure sensor on the common rail. I've happy to do these myself so I've done the filter and today the regulator valve but I still have the problem. But just to put my mind at rest I have a Delphi fuel pump which has the regulator on the bottom of it, at the top of the pump there is another sensor/valve/regulator but despite many searches I cannot find out what it is.
I can see a sensor on the rail so i'd imagine its not the high pressure sensor.
Anybody know?

just to add, oddly the van will sometimes through the "anti pollution error" along with code p0088 but will drive fine and not go into limp mode,this make me suspect a faulty sensor thats reporting intermittent errors

Last edited by spev11; 13-09-18 at 10:03 PM. Reason: comment add
spev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-18, 10:55 PM   #2

as an update, the thing at the top of the pump (which is a Siemens not a delphi) is a piston immobilizer solenoid. I took the pump off to check whats what and found that the end of the camshaft that drives the pump had shattered. Obviously this needed replacing so I have finally finished that job but I still have the limp mode problem and a few errors,the original P0188 (notably 0001-Fuel volume regulator control circuit high,P0243- Turbocharger wastegate solenoid A malfunction, P0193-fuel rail pressure sensor A circuit high, P0113-intake air temp circuit high input and P0118-engine coolant temp).
Im in the process of checking the wiring to each of the sensors and solenoids responsible for each error.
Im about to book another diagnostic (hopefully this one will be able to do a live diagnostic of the running engine- if i can get the bugger started)

Also oddly my diagnostic(budget streetwize one) wont clear codes despite having the option, anybody have any experience of this?
spev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-18, 01:44 AM   #3

A lot of budget tools, and even some high-end tools really struggle with Peugeot.
Also, some codes will not clear when the issue is fixed, they do need to be 'hard' reset.
Best tool is the Lexia/Diagbox/PP2000 system. It will also do proper live readings.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in