Expert 2.0 HDi 2006 w/AC, where is the pollen filter located? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-16, 03:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question Expert 2.0 HDi 2006 w/AC, where is the pollen filter located?

Hello fellow members,
to my understanding my 2006 Expert 2.0 HDi should have a pollen/cabin filter somewhere since it is equipped with AC. I have been crawling around the car for a while now removing panels but I still can't see where this filter should go? On later Expert II generation it is easy to access in the engine compartment. There are no screens nor filters to be seen when removing the plastic air intake "covers" on the firewall and looking down the air intake. Surely there must be a filter somewhere down stream to catch debris like squirrels, nuts and bolts etc. before it enters into the AC/Heater unit (anything else would be an engineering disaster in my opinion). So if anyone please could let me know where to find and how to replace this filter I would be a happy camper

Best regards from Sweden.
Cad1950 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-06-16, 06:13 PM   #2

No idea on the details of your exact model, but on a 2009 1.6 it's apparently behind the glove box (as it is on many cars)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwlqK3GKOD0
Old 30-06-16, 06:29 PM   #3

I dont think early models had filters i certainly never seen 1 and had a few in pieces

Old 01-07-16, 01:46 PM   #4
Inactive User

Holy mackerel! Could it really be correct there is no pollen / cabin filter in a vehicle produced in the 2nd millennium? I can see filters for the earlier Expert versions and the later versions so I can see no logic reason for not having a filter in my AC equipped 2006 model. Pollen and dust should have been roughly the same problem in 2006 as in other decades?

Is there someone out there who ever changed a pollen filter on this model (2006 Expert w/AC)?
Old 01-07-16, 02:41 PM   #5

there's a video on youtube of someone changing the pollen filter on that there model, however! could it be that your one had the filter taken out for whatever reasons, and not put back in?
MightyMision is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-16, 02:48 PM   #6
Inactive User

Think that video was for the series 2 version of the Expert (2007 and onwards)? In that video it was shown a pollen filter in the engine compartment.
Old 01-07-16, 04:27 PM   #7

I looked after a fleet of 10 taxis 2006 models all with aircon and i never once changed a pollen filter i also stripped a complete cab for parts over the years i was there and when it left it was practically bare i seen no place for a filter.
2007 on have the filter as do 807s dont think early models had it
Old 01-07-16, 05:44 PM   #8
Inactive User

Ok, thank you for this information. I will stop looking for a pollen filter then. Maybe the filter-guy at Peugeot took a nasty fall in the bathtub and came back to his senses a year later
So, onwards towards a fuel filter change.

Have a good summer everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in