Drivers Door Open - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rossi 46

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-15, 07:28 PM   #1

Default Drivers Door Open

I sometimes get a message on the dash display that the Drivers Door is Open when it is properly closed. The central locking sometimes won't work unless I open and close the door again. It would seem there is a problem with the door switch but I can't find it. There is usually a little button you can see when you open the door but there is none on my van. So where is the Switch that controls this?

Thanks David
Rossi 46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-15, 09:41 PM   #2

The switch is likely to be inside the lock mechanism. Other than taking the lock mechanism apart and replacing the switch which if it's anything like on a Renault Laguna isn't easy then it would be a replacement mech.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-15, 09:45 PM   #3

Nice to know its something handy!! What was wrong with the little switch on the door pillar, simple cheap and easy to get at.
Definition of progress ---- Making simple things complicated (and expensive)

Old 22-05-15, 09:58 PM   #4
Ginger Magic

I also think the connection is the main big plug that plugs into the door mech.

Is it easy to get to this mech by removing the door card and using contact cleaner on the connector?

I've changed said mech on a 406 and it was quite straightforward
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-15, 10:01 PM   #5
Inactive User

Send a message via Skype™ to xadz

Hey Rossi, my 206 had a problem flashing the door was open all the time. I never did get round to fixing it, I kept a can of WD-40 in the boot and sprayed it in to the door latch. That normally stopped it for around a week. Rinse and repeat. Be sure to give it a wipe out every now and then but it was a lazy solution.

I don't know if in its age the door was mis-aligned properly or something was a bit loose that the spray made connect again, perhaps some more permanant conductive grease slathered in it would of been better. Give it a go.

I probably spent more in WD-40 than a new door catch but hey.. :P

Last edited by xadz; 22-05-15 at 10:10 PM.
xadz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-05-15, 09:42 PM   #6

OK decided to have a look and see if I could fix it or at least get the part number. Got the door card off and took out the 2 screws that hold the lock on but I could not see how to disconnect the cable to the outside door handle so i couldn't get the lock out to see how it works. I put it back together and tried the WD40 as suggested by xadz and it worked!! It seems that freeing up the mechanism has allowed just a little more movement in the lock, enough to make sure the switch works. It seems my problem may just be good old fashioned wear and tear but for now its working properly so fingers crossed.
xadz likes this.
Old 26-05-15, 10:00 PM   #7
Inactive User

Send a message via Skype™ to xadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi 46 View Post
OK decided to have a look and see if I could fix it or at least get the part number. Got the door card off and took out the 2 screws that hold the lock on but I could not see how to disconnect the cable to the outside door handle so i couldn't get the lock out to see how it works. I put it back together and tried the WD40 as suggested by xadz and it worked!! It seems that freeing up the mechanism has allowed just a little more movement in the lock, enough to make sure the switch works. It seems my problem may just be good old fashioned wear and tear but for now its working properly so fingers crossed.
Glad that worked for you Rossi, keep the can handy until you find a permanant fix!
Old 26-05-15, 10:30 PM   #8

Next time I'll use proper oil. WD40 is OK for freeing things up but there is no long term lubrication. Just a little worried the oil might get into the switch and stuff it up altogether.
Old 28-09-15, 11:05 AM   #9
Inactive User

Sounds like my expert has the same common problem. Its doing my nut in lol.
Dash warning light says the door is open when its clearly not.
Cenral locking won't work either and interior light stays on!
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in