Change a gearbox on a Peugeot Expert - Fixed - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-15, 06:43 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Change a gearbox on a Peugeot Expert - Fixed

Wanted to put a guide on here, if thats ok I have changed the gearbox and clutch on my peugeot expert ond wanted to let others know the best way to do it, I couldnt find a decent guide online so just attacked it maybe this will help some people, mine is a 2004 hdi
pipthedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-03-15, 10:08 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi

Im about to change my gearbox so a guide would be nice.. How's it coming along?

Mvh Pontus
poonta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-03-15, 07:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

Yeah I will put a guide up. What is needed etc, its not the most difficult of things

Old 24-03-15, 06:29 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipthedog View Post
Yeah I will put a guide up. What is needed etc, its not the most difficult of things
Thanks!

Will wait with patience for the guide..

Regards!
/Pontus
poonta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-03-15, 08:05 PM   #5
Inactive User

Right this is the way I think is best to do the job, bear in mind I have never done this, and couldn't find many tips online, mine is a 2003 hdi, so i just weighed up the situation and started the job, obvious things i will leave out but a decent summary is as followed, this was carried out on the drive tools included a trolley jack, axle stands and a halfords 200 pce socket set, ball joint splitter and a few other tools.

1. slacken the drive shaft nuts 36mm, crack off wheel nuts then jack and put it on the axle stands,

2. Remove front end of the van lights, grill, slam panel radiator etc etc until you have the engine and box in front of you, a little tip whic is good practice, a bit wd40 then put all nuts and bolts back where they belong, saves looking for them later

3. the anti-roll bar bolts to the wishbone so take these bolts out before starting on the track rod ends, then split the track rods and move the struts out the way,

4. the small drive shaft is easiest, remove that, dont forget to use something to catch the oil, the longer drive shaft (drivers side) is easier removed by taking off the mount from the rear of the engine, you will however need to have your engine mount off, rear one underneath to allow clearance, but it will slide out the side with mount attatched.

5. Gearbox mount needs taking off at this point I still had left hand engine mount attached and supported it with a trolley jack,

6. Remove the bolts that attach the gearbox to the engine, obviously all wires and selector cables will need to be removed first, now this is where i found a great trick and tip that will help many.

7. The Box should be ready to split from the engine, slide it along until the diff of the box rests on the subframe, about 3-4" you can then rotate the box upside down on the shaft, slide it out over the subframe (upside down) and remove.

in between all this you have to remove the selector mechanism from the box when its about 90 degrees,

Tips I learnt the hard way, disconnetc cables from gear stick and fit to the box before re-fitting, i didnt do this but if i ever fealt the urge to get involved again thats what I would do.

Remove Long driveshaft from mount (Bearing carrier) before refit, i broke a plastic water jacket trying to refit it whole....

Good luck if ya get stuck give me a shout, iam a amateur diy person and managed with no guide so hope these bits help a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in